Logi Nu
REkAB

Re: G700 and small mouse movements

@CharlesB

It good to see the responses here and the quality and response of service.

I have been comparing Mice a narrowed down my next between the Razer Mamba and G700.  Seeing that the G700 goes down to 200 DPI and the Mamba on 500DPI (there are NOT a lot of other diffeerence).  I've decided on the G700, I've currently got an old MX2000 which has done me well but just don't find fast enough any more.

Reading this thread I was at first worried but the service and support have provided assurance and the fact that the issue seems to be fixed. 

My question (to finally get to the point) is with today being the 20th Sep.  Is is safe to purchase the mouse now from a supplier or should I wait until a particular date after which logitech would have supplied the mice with the latest updated software and firmware.

Also to other users any good places to get the best price on the G700? around £75 seems to be the cheapest in the UK.

CharlesB

Well, both the software and the firmware are updateable in this mouse.

Also, in my version of SetPoint, I was able to hit the "Check for Updates" under SetPoint Options, and it just downloaded the lastest SP 5.40.41 update from the public server.

Logi Browser
user757

I can't seem to get the update from Setpoint. Is there a direct link you can post as it's saying my current software is up to date, but it's Setpoint 5.40.39.

Logi Nu
g0ldf1sh

Does the SP 5.40.41 update contain the patch that fixes the mouse?  I've downloaded it and my mouse movements haven't improved.  The cursor, every few seconds, still freezes than moves.

CharlesB

user757- In the SetPoint options, what versions of SP are listed there? And no, there's no discrete download available at the moment.

g0ldf1sh- What profile and power management are you using? Also, try restoring the default profiles to the mouse and see if that improves the behavior.

Logi Nu
yoomy

I go the update but I am wondering how does this fix work without a firmware update? Because when I am booting in OSX I obviously don't have any drivers there.

Logi Nu
Mac User 2000

Yes I have the same question as yoomy about updating the firmware. I also want to use partially on Mac OS X. I understand that I'll need to forgo some of the buttons or use a third-party button driver. But I need to get the basic mouse movement working properly without relying on the computer having certain drivers. If that's not going to work, then I'll need to return the mouse (and pay Newegg a restocking fee) and consider buying in the future if newer versions work out of the box.

Logi Visitor
Zacharybinx

Mouse still not working, problem still occuring.

Why isn't there a firmware update being pushed to this mouse so it will correct the problem when not being used in a setpoint environment?

Logi Browser
user757

Charles - I'm running Setpoint version 5.40.39, Driver Version 5.10.9 and Firmware Version 22.35

I don't remember the last time I could update, and have been just downloading the newer versions of Setpoint off the support pages of that particular mouse.

Logi Browser
user757

Charles - Is there anyway you could send me the temp fix you sent other users before the official release? I tried removing Setpoint and reinstalling Setpint 6.15 and it still gives me the message that my version is up to date, but isn't. Thanks.