Logi Visitor
Pirateguybrush

Re: G700 buttons don't always work intended

I've had issues when not all buttons are bound to a command.  If there are any unbound buttons on the mouse, just set them to display battery life, or be middle click or something.

Logi Browser
TTasia

Hello again,

I've tried a lot of things and now I have another strange behaviour with my G700 forward/backward settings in IE9.

I did uninstall LGS 8.40 and erase the profiles.

Everythings works as expected running on internal mouse memory (as usual) with LGS uninstalled.

Reinstall LGS 8.40.

Forward/backward seems to work correctly until a zoom in or zoom out action is performed, then forward is scroling the page down before switching the page to the next one and backward is scrolling the page fully up before switching to the previous page. All this running on the internal mouse memory. By switching LGS off, this weird behavior disapear completely and the fwd/bwd buttons act as expected again.

Gohst in the shell ?

Best regards

kgober
Kudos: 733
Solutions: 448

from the number of reports of LGS problems I've seen, I'm guessing there's some kind of timing issue where LGS tries to switch the mouse into 'dumb' mode so that it can run macros itself, but it doesn't take -- the mouse continues to perform actions assigned internally and LGS also does things at the same time.

I haven't experienced this problem myself, but this might be because I always use my G700 in wired mode.  maybe in wireless mode there's a problem?

also, at least for me, leaving buttons unbound in the LGS UI is fine -- most of my buttons are unbound this way because I run them using Lua scripting.  in most of my profiles, I have the left, right, middle (wheel), G4 and G5 buttons assigned their generic (default) actions, and G6, G7, G9, G10 and wheel tilt left/right are all unbound and handled via Lua.  G8 I use for DPI switching (although I suppose I could do this via Lua scripting as well) and G11 I use for the battery check which is one of the few things that can't be done from Lua (for those rare occasions when I use the G700 wireless).

-ken

I was able to try this for myself -- I set my G6 and G7 buttons to previous track / next track, and played some music using the Windows 8 "Music" applet.  the buttons skipped forward and back correctly on the Start screen, on the Desktop, in Chrome (running in Windows 8 'Metro' mode) and in TS3.  I tried it again using Windows Media Player and they still worked correctly.

maybe with another media player I might be able to reprodue this problem but right now these two are the only ones I have installed.

so maybe this isn't a LGS 8.40 bug after all.  or if it is, maybe the mouse has to be running a certain way?  mine is running in wired mode, with Automatic Game Detection.

-ken

I did some more testing last night, using my G700 in wireless mode instead of wired.  I didn't have any problems with any of my mouse buttons, but I use Lua scripting to run all my mouse buttons so if there's an LGS 8.40 bug at work here I may be bypassing it by using Lua.

I think that in order to properly test this, I need to assign mouse buttons the "normal" way in LGS (i.e. not using Lua).

-ken

It's LGS's fault.  I've been having all sorts of random bugs with the software.  I had both the G700 and G600 running on it, and it's horrible.  It randomly uses old settings, or cross binds settings from different modes even though it doesn't say it's doing it the output is the same.  Or it just randomly stops letting me use g-shift on certain buttons, and makes them the same bindings as regular, but it shows up in the software as having different bindings, outputs the same on both.  Also it seems to randomly disable the G-mode button, so I have to go back into the software and click around a little before it starts letting me use it again.

I would love to just use the mouse's onboard memory solely but I can't since they took away a bunch of shortcuts from the lists in that setup, so you are stuck using the program and it's horrible and broken.  FIX THIS LOGITECH!  Actually don't fix it, give me the old software whatever it was, I"m sure it worked better than this abomination.

kgober

[ Edited ]

you can download SetPoint 6.32 for your G700 here:

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse

for your G600 you can go back to LGS 8.35.  LGS 8.35 isn't on the ftp site above, but if you search this forum I've posted direct download links in another thread.  a search for 'direct download' should bring them up.

-ken

no need to search, here's the thread with the LGS 8.35 download links:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/LGS-8-35-download-links/m-p/933938

-ken

I was a bit busy these days which is why I only answer now. I tried uninstalling LGS and installing SetPoint 6.32 instead, but it required me to uninstall my current version of SetPoint too. I did this and my mouse still does not work as intended, the exact same thing occurs: In some applications, the buttons work and in some they just do nothing. As a media player, I use iTunes (the newest version).