Logi Nu
Phenex
Accepted Solution

G700 - red flashing LED when in wired mode

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I got my G700 today and I am quite impressed so far.

Just one thing is quite annoying: when plugging the data cable in and removing the battery (for me, the weight feels better without it), the middle LED light on the mouse keeps flashing red. I know, it should be a warning because of the missing battery, but isn't there a way to permanently deactivate it? Unfortunately, I recognize the flashing in my field of view. A search through the various SetPoint options didn't reveal a clue on how to turn this off - without reinserting the battery and thus more weight.

If there is a more elegant way to fix this instead of covering the LED with black duct tape, please let me know. I would be truly grateful for a (software) solution.

Regards, Phenex

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
MorganM

Re: G700 - red flashing LED when in wired mode

Great question!  To my knowledge, the cable is to recharge the battery and at the same time providing enumeration if the receiver happens to get lost or damaged.  The cable is not intended to replace the option for the battery.  This could be an update in the software for a future release if it is considered an option.  I will need to forward that suggestion off to the developers.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Phenex

Thank you for the fast answer. Such an option would be a great addition.

Logi Browser
amiman

[ Edited ]

Using the mouse less an AA battery is an interesting option that I’m surprised they didn’t consider. This suggests that the mouse might have been rushed out .....or the team is clueless. Mybe it should be refrred to as the Nerd Mouse.

CharlesB

Or, we wanted the mouse to display an error if there's a battery issue, and if the cell of the battery is not allowing any current, then it would be indistinguishable from no battery in the bay.... Unless we installed a physical switch that would be depressed when the battery is placed in, but that switch could be an additional point of failure, which goes against making the product as durable as possible.

So no, it was not "rushed";I can attest that I've had a physical build of this mouse on my desk for a couple months now. We just needed to keep the communicaiton of battery failues simple as the mouse is primarily a wireless mouse.

Logi Nu
Rixtn

i have the exact same problem.

the G700 is totaly awesome but i want to use this mouse with cable and without battery because the weight is much better without it. PLEASE do a little softwareupdaten on this "issue" so we can turn the red flashing off by software. i realy hope this is possible.

dont want to start a new thread for this but do i have to turn the mouse off (on/off switch) when i leave the computer? or will the G700 go offline itself when there is no use of it?

dont know if i loose battery life as long as the mouse is turned on...

i hope u can understand my rusty english cuz im from germany :smileyhappy:

thx, Rick

MVP
Logi Browser
MVP

> do i have to turn the mouse off (on/off switch) when i leave the computer?

I don't turn off the mouse at all. Of course you will loose a small amount of battery capacity, but not too much. ;-)

And every battery looses capacity (more or less) over the time even if you don't use it at all.

I would only turn it off if I wouldn't use the mouse for several days or if I would take it with me.

> or will the G700 go offline itself when there is no use of it?

No, the mouse doesn't go completley off, so that you would have to turn it off and on again. It's more likely a suspend mode.

Logi Nu
Rixtn

ah okay thx!

Logi Visitor
nickyoung

ABSOLUTELY have the option to run the mouse wired mode - no battery.  Thats gaming essential 101 - at least for any real FPS gamers.

I run mine wired no battery right now and it does it's job.  The only time I'll ever use it in battery mode is if I temporarily switch systems...(wired on desktop / wireless to laptop)...that's what makes the mouse portable...switching systems.

Logi Nu
omygodde

I had to take the battery out because when the cable is connected, the mouse gets quite hot if the battery stays in.