Logi Nu
Logicless

How to I make a macro stop? G700

I wanted a mouse with macro ability but not too many buttons and the G700 seemed perfect.  I got it and programmed it fine, but whenever I use a macro, the damned thing won't stop, it just keeps going.  I've tried pressing the button again, nothing.  Pressing other buttons, nothing.  I even alt-tabbed my game, opened the software and cleared the button... and it STILL KEPT GOING!  If this is the normal behavior for the macros on this device, it's useless to me.

kgober
Kudos: 745
Solutions: 455

Re: How to I make a macro stop? G700

this is not normal.

are you using SetPoint or LGS?  if it's SetPoint, what version? (if it's LGS I know you're using 8.40 because there's no other option there).  if you're using LGS, do you have the mouse set to On-Board Memory mode, or Automatic Game Detection mode?

-ken

[ Edited ]

I'm using LGS with it set to on-board memory.   The game I'm using it for isn't even in the automatic detection list, still in beta.

I downloaded Setpoint, but I'm not sure how to use it.  ALl I seem to get is a window for configuring updates and doing system reports.

kgober
Kudos: 745
Solutions: 455

what version of SetPoint did you download?  if it's 6.51, don't bother with it -- it doesn't support the G700.

it doesn't matter if the game you're playing is still in beta, you can still make an Automatic Game Detection profile for it.  Automatic Game Detection means that LGS will detect when you're playing the game, it doesn't mean it will automatically detect when you've installed it.

putting the mouse into Automatic Game Detection mode should fix this problem.  also running the mouse in wired mode, or moving the receiver closer to the mouse, may prevent it from coming back.

-ken