12-19-2011 08:27 PM
Here's a list of what's new for LGS 8.20.
- LCD Emulator (accessed by holding CTRL+Shift while right-clicking on the System Tray Icon)
- Ability to Enable/Disable enhanced graphics
- Ability to Enable/Disable downloading of high resolution images
- Per profile/per mode backlighting (for G-series keyboards/gameboards)
- Various bug fixes.
- Batman: Arkham City
- Battlefield 3
- Dead Island
- Deus Ex: Human revolution
- Lord of the Rings: War in the North
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
Some additional notes on this:
- The Enable/Disable enhanced graphics option now fully delinks LGS from your 3D accelerator library, and will require a PC restart upon selecting or disabling this option
- LGS now comes preinstalled with lower-resolution images to increase performance on some systems. LGS is able to connect to the internet to download high resolution images. If LGS does not automatically download a high res image after a product has been detected, you may have Automatic Updates disabled in another Logitech application (ie SetPoint or LWS). Enable automatic updates in, say, SetPoint, and the high res images should download.
Crashes and detection:
- LGS 8.20 has a new set of drivers with improved detection routines. If you are having detection issues, try making sure you are using USB 2.0 ports (some USB 3.0 ports have enumeration issues), and make sure your devices are plugged directly into your PC
- If you are having LCore.exe crashes, the problem might be an access level problem inherent in your system. Try disabling UAC
12-19-2011 08:55 PM - edited 12-19-2011 08:58 PM
It will push to the download page in the near future. For now you can get it by selecting "Check for Updates" from the "Internet" submenu above the Help icon.
In addition to the items listed by CharlesB, there are a couple more changes to LGS in 8.20:
- Due to conflicts that hampered volume control and media key usage, LGS no longer installs SideShow devices.
- The LUA scripting engine now recognizes G300 and G400 mouse button events
- Device detection failures related to G930 have been addressed
12-20-2011 01:10 PM
I have LGS version 8.12.030 installed currently, do i need to uninstall before installing version 8.20?
What is LCD Emulator?
What is enable/disable enhanced graphics? What is it for?
12-20-2011 01:30 PM - last edited on 12-20-2011 08:36 PM by nanci
"LCD Emulator" was a tool they had in the older 3.06 software used mainly for LCD developers w/ no hardware or people wanting to take 'screen shots' of their LCD.
It looks like "enable/disable enhanced graphics" turns off hardware acceleration in LGS. When off, my ATI drivers don't seem to be getting loaded for LGS. Pretty useful actually, cause the ATI drivers are buggy as [edited]
12-21-2011 08:13 AM
That is is not what anyone wants to hear. You mean to tell me that Logitech is not going to support their premier gaming mice in their premier gaming software I've been waiting forever for G700 support and now you tell me it's not going to happen. Why, again, am I using Logitech products? You just handed a bunch of sales to your competitors and lost a lot of loyal customers.
12-22-2011 12:41 PM
The media keys for media players are still messed up. When I hit forward it registers twice, same with backwards, pause/play. I was hoping this version would fix that...
I also made sure it wasn't my keyboard without LGS the keys work fine.
Running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and using a G510 and G500.