08-28-2012 01:26 AM - edited 08-28-2012 01:57 AM
I have tried the front USB ports (off a different header on the motherboard) and a different rear port - still the same
Looking at the options in the bios there are
USB 2.0 Controller
USB Keyboard support
USB Mouse support
Legacy USB storage detect
Is the last one the one you suggest disabling as this apparently only allows detection of USB storage devices during Post and so wouldn't have appeared to have any effect when waking from sleep
08-28-2012 07:28 AM
My apologies for posting this in the same thread in two different locations, but I wasn't paying enough attention to the results that the search feature brought back and accidentally posted a mouse-related issue in the keyboard section (even though it applies to the same software). To help bring it to the correct team's attention, the original post is as follows:
Just bought a G600, downloaded and installed LGS v8.35.18 (which I assume is what this thread is talking about), and one of the notes seems to disagree with what I'm experiencing. Specifically, the following note:
"- G600 (On-Board Memory mode) Can assign single modifier key to buttons now"
To be fair, I was able to assign a single modifier key to a button (in this case, Shift to what would traditionall be the G-Shift button). However it wouldn't actually function as such. In fact, it didn't function at all. The only way I was able to get it to work was assigning it to be Shift and something else - though rather fortunately that something else could be Right Shift, giving the desired functionality.
The same was experienced with the remaining 5 modifier keys (Control, Alt, and the Right equivalent of each of the three). The same work-around also applied in that binding it to be one side plus the equivalent modifier on the other side worked as expected.
08-30-2012 06:06 AM
08-30-2012 09:00 PM
The most recent update fixed every bug and issue I've had for the most part with the G600 save for two issues.
• Unable to bind Left and Right scroll to... Anything, let alone Left and Right Scroll. -- They can be bound to my G930 (headset) and G13 (pad) which... uh... aren't mice... (the "Mouse Function" menu has a "Scroll functions" subheader that the G600 does not have) But cannot be bound to the mouse, lol.
• G series devices do not have the capability to support unified "Modes" I was really hoping Gshift would be able to shift my G13 as well, but it doesn't. -- No biggy here, just a quality of life thing.
The G930 has had it's quirks for awhile and I'm used to them by this point... once again, nothing big.
• Sidetone still plays when the mic is muted.
• Need to turn off/on Surround sound to re-enable it every time I turn it on.
• Volume control randomly stops working, have to turn the headphones off and back on to fix.
Lastly the LGS likes to randomly lock up... This doesn't effect gameplay, only the config. Closing and re-opening from the taskbar fixes it no problem.
09-06-2012 02:35 PM
Uninstalled visual c++(reboot)/reinstalled (read on forum that helped someone with LGS issues)
Turned Off UAC
Installed 8.35 (crashed)
Heres the dump:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LCore.exe
Application Version: 220.127.116.11
Application Timestamp: 500deb2e
Fault Module Name: atioglxx.dll
Fault Module Version: 18.104.22.16831
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f7e4bf5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00925130
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
09-10-2012 08:33 PM - edited 09-10-2012 08:37 PM
Well, it *sounded* encouraging. In fact:
1. I still have the same problem I did before; switching to pointer-settings mode and then back to keybindings mode results in an unusable display. Or switching to lighting mode and back; this gives me a display with fragments of two or three different views. Clicking on the G600 in the little pop-up menu near the lower left seems to temporarily recover it.
2. There now seems to be a shiny new feature wherein the G600 can be moved to a new mode in which EVERY BUTTON is "unassigned". Now, how do you get out of that mode? You can't click on "restore defaults" because you just plain can't click.
This is even more mysterious given that there is no way I can find that I can intentionally set either the left or right mouse button to anything but Button 1 or Button 2. So I have no idea what's happened here.
So I still love the feel of the mouse, but this software is... pretty disappointing. Also, it would really be nice to have a way to copy settings -- from one mode to another if they are to be similar, for instance. Or even from one mouse to another. You know, save/restore, data put in files? Very popular, and I think it may be more than just a fad, what with having been part of basically every program I've dealt with in the last 30 years that wasn't the Logitech gaming software.
09-13-2012 02:18 PM
TERA's game profile is incomplete.
The skills actually go from number keys (at top of keyboard) 1 - 0 as well as the "-" and "=" key.
Also, the F1 - F12 keys are used.
LGS only reports up to F6 and up to number key 6 for the game's skills/ability shortcuts.
I'm assuming someone missed these because by default the game does not show these extra ability keys until you press the expand button.
It would be nice to include the extra keys for convenience.