Logi Browser
Angstromm

LogiShrd Folder in Documents

I'm always annoyed when programs think the best place to locate their files in the Documents folder. Looks like SetPoint (v 5.42.34) is one such program--it's created LogiShrd subfolder in my Docs folder.

Question: anyway to change the default location for this sucker? I've searched the Windows Registry file w/o luck. I've looked at Setpoint .ini files w/o success and, of course, have looked into Setpoint Options w/ the same lack of luck.

Logi Browser
Angstromm

Re: LogiShrd Folder in Documents

Well, any takers?

Logi Nu
abbdoc

Yes this is absolutely doing my head in as well.

I am in no way computer illiterate and this has only become evident since updating my MX518 and G15 Software.

I have read on various threads that logitech are now blaming the problem on 3rd party software, honk honk, no its not ita a folder that has been installed from a logitech download I am assuming Setpoint 6.32.

Please tech support resolve this issue

I have been a loyal supporter and enthusiastic  user of logitech product for years and recommend them to my not too inconsiderable circle of friends and business colegues.

Get this sorted as it could be classed as Malware or as they say in ghostbusters a reapeating ectoplasmic occurance

Logi Nu
AdrianM

I'm frustrated by this meaningless intrusion into my Library as well... any remedies?

Logi Master II
SpecialK

Don't know about the rest of you folks, but I have many applications that put stuff in my Documents folder (mostly Microsoft apps).  I would imagine that it's probably because it's far more easier to access these folders, than using the typical %APPDATA% location.

Logi Nu
HateSetPoint

I am bumping this thread because I am having the same issue. It is frustrating me. I called Logitech Customer Support and they have no clue what they are doing.

I just reinstalled Windows on a new SSD that I bought. I was installing all my drivers when I found this stupid LogiShrd folder in "Documents" and it is really upsetting me. I never had that Folder there before I would very much not like to have it there now. I know that I had the latest update(Same GUI and everything) with my previous HDD so why is it giving me this crap now? PLEASE, has anyone come up with a solution!

Logi Visitor
apraetor

Yea, use a symbolic link (symlink). It'll appear as a folder in location A, but the folder's data will actually be stored in location B of your choosing. This is similar to how you would go about storing some Steam games on C:\ and others on a secondary disk. You won't have any trouble finding a free tool for creating a new symlink.