Logi Nu
starshinetie

Logitech G500 - Jump in slow movement

I'm using a Logitech G500 with my iMac, with Snow Leopard, and it's about a month I'm having this mouse.

When I'm moving the mouse very slowly, sometimes it jumps for 3-4 pixels, and it's really bothering me, specially when I'm using Photoshop. Though, I do not feel it for normal usages, and I just feel it when I'm moving the mouse very slowly and when I'm trying to work precisely.

I tried all three DPIs and different mouse-pads, and same problem.

I know that there is no supported for Mac, but I'm using it just as a normal mouse, and I'm not looking for extra features.

So, anybody experienced this problem ?

Is it faulty only when I'm using Mac, and it works fine under Windows ?

Nobody experienced it, and my Mouse can be faulty, so I should use my warranty service ?

Any idea over all ?

Logi Nu
givoLtaqe

Re: Logitech G500 - Jump in slow movement

why not try your mouse on a pc? if it works well, that's your mac's issue. if not, your mouse fails on both pc and mac, which means itself is broken. go ahead request a replacement

Logi Nu
starshinetie

I want to be sure that it's not the global problem, and then I can apply for the replacement (as I should pay the post fees for replacement and waiting time of one or two weeks)

Logi Browser
LittleBiscuit

[ Edited ]

It's exactly the same for me on WinXP SP3 with my G500. Only way to fix it is decrease sensitivity through SetPoint or the OS, and increase the DPI to compensate for the low speed.

Made a topic about it here too:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Mice/New-G500-and-sensitivity/td-p/435984

Logi Browser
servito

[ Edited ]

Good night,

starshinetie, why don't you try as givoLtaqe said, try on a PC; and if you haven't got any to try on, try to take your G500 to a shopping centre and ask some shop assistant to let you try on some PC.

Anyway, did your G500 work on a Mac without any drivers (just like USB Overdrive, or Steermouse)?

I'm asking you this because I'm planning to install Snow Leopard on my PC.

Hope your problem will get a solution.

P.D.: For your information, my G500 hasn't got such problem.

CharlesB

The problem is that Mac OS X does not like the native 500 reports/sec polling rate of the G500. On a windows PC, set up a profile on the hardware of the mouse to report at 125/sec, and your problem will go away.