Logi Nu
XiTro

Logitech G500 disconnecting and reconnecting

I've had this mouse for a bit over a year, but now it randomly disconnects and reconnects after 10seconds a few times every minute.

I tried a different mouse in the same USB port and I don't have this problem.

I've also reinstalled the driver for the mouse but it didn't work.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm very frustrated right now...

Logi Master
NeatNit

Re: Logitech G500 disconnecting and reconnecting

Try the mouse on other USB ports and on another computer.
Did the same problem happen when you uninstall the driver?
Also, try this:

Cintech wrote:

Hello

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1.Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name.

3.Click the Driver tab.(Driver Provider should show Logitech)

4.Click update driver

5.Choose Browse my computer

6.Choose let me pick from  list

7.Choose the Logitech driver

At this point you may be asked to reboot the system

Cheers,

I recently had this same problem. Logitech provided me with a replacement G500 since the device was still under warranty. The problem has disappeared with the new unit.

Logi Nu
hugzmonster

I purchased the G500 nearly 2 years ago and I've had relatively the same issue with the G500 for the past five days or so and what I know for sure is that it's only disconnecting/reconnecting when I'm actually USING the mouse, as in pressing any of the mouse buttons, and ONLY while playing games. Particularly valve/steam games, although I've only played two games and both of them give me this issue (TF2/L4D2). Also, at least for me, USB ports have nothing to do with this incident occurring. I've switched ports, and even disabled the 'power save' option on each of the ports in the Device Manager. I've also gone several hours without it happening, which happens around every 15 minutes, while using a different mouse (both mice are connected) So what I've been able to gather: -Occurs only while playing (tabbed in) games and using any of the mouse buttons -USB ports/drivers are NOT the issue -Logitech SetPoint application is NOT the issue It kind of seems like it happens when I move the cursor too fast to where it goes off screen and selects the desktop, and by doing so it causes some error within the mouse when 'switching applications'. I guess since yours hasnt had the issue since you replaced the mouse there's something faulty with the memory stored on the mouse.
Logi Master
NeatNit

It's a hardware problem. Test if this happens on another computer, and if it does, contact Logitech. You know what? Skip the testing part and just contact Logitech.

If you search around, it's quite obvious that it's jsut a wiring/design flaw.

I've had the same problem with all the Logitech G series mouses I've had

G5 (lasted about a year)

G9 (lasted about 6 months)

G9x (logitech sent me this to replace my g9) (lasted about 3 months)

G9x (bought another one) (lasted about 2 months)

The Problem: mouse randomly disconnects and reconnects

Cause: you're wiring is f'd up

Confirmation: Where the wire plugs into your mouse, wiggle it around...if you can manually cause the disconnection, you know you have a wiring problem.

Solution 01: If you're experiencing this problem and your mouse is under warranty (and even if it's not)...contact Logitech and see if they'll replace it for you. I'm pretty sure they know this is a fault on their end so they're pretty nice about it.

Solution 02: Solder it back together yourself (I've used this solution on my G5 (friend's borrowing it) and my current 2nd bought G9x.

I sitll believe logitech should start selling replacement cables...seems like a good market with their mouses.

Logi Nu
Figge

[ Edited ]

Hey man, Try and enter your bios at startup and see if your settings are "plug&play os" is turned on

I did this, and it helpede alot, some smart guy said it could be your IRQ's that get's sharede or something like that. and make your GFX Card share some with the usb port, making it abit jumpy therefore you could try and manaual assign the IRQ for the Card

Well my mouse still pause, but only for a sec, which still seems weird, but the long disconnects are gone,

My mouse is a G500 to, Dont remeber that it did it in the start when I got it but it deff have been doing it alot the last month, just hope this fix works for a long time

BTW I should prob say that a friend of mine has the exact same problem with the exact same mouse, as you and me,

P.S

Okay, worked for a half hour, back to old disconnect reconnect, can only be a bad mouse design imo

Logi Nu
zewill

If you search around, it's quite obvious that it's jsut a wiring/design flaw.

I've had the same problem with all the Logitech G series mouses I've had

G5 (lasted about a year)

G9 (lasted about 6 months)

G9x (logitech sent me this to replace my g9) (lasted about 3 months)

G9x (bought another one) (lasted about 2 months)

The Problem: mouse randomly disconnects and reconnects

Cause: your wiring is f'd up

Confirmation: Where the wire plugs into your mouse, wiggle it around...if you can manually cause the disconnection, you know you have a wiring problem.

Solution 01: If you're experiencing this problem and your mouse is under warranty (and even if it's not)...contact Logitech and see if they'll replace it for you. I'm pretty sure they know this is a fault on their end so they're pretty nice about it.

Solution 02: Solder it back together yourself (I've used this solution on my G5 (friend's borrowing it) and my current 2nd bought G9x.

I sitll believe logitech should start selling replacement cables...seems like a good market with their mouses.

THIS, THIS, AND THIS 19999 times.

I already had problems long ago with my G5. Its the stupid cloth cable that's the problem. I can just touch the cable where it enters into the mousebody, and the mouse will disconnect 1 out of 2 times when i play with it.
This is plainly unacceptable. My mouse is of course out of warranty, i can continue using it but its very annoying. I tried opening it, but i could not gain access to where the problem was. Was planning to buy a G500 to upgrade from my G5 but I see this cord problem is still not fixed. Will therefore not buy Logitech anymore, it's a shame because I love their mouses and keyboards.

kgober
Kudos: 695
Solutions: 424

[ Edited ]

I've had a G9 for a few years now and it still works fine.  my own experience with Logitech mice has been that their cords are much more durable than Microsoft's -- I've had several MS Intellimouse Opticals go bad due to cables wearing out but never a Logitech-branded mouse (although I may have a decade-old Compaq-branded Logitech-manufactured ball mouse somewhere with a cable problem).

but enough people are having cord trouble that I agree that Logitech should allow cable replacement on its high-end wired mice.  the G700 does this, and while you might not be able to buy an exact replacement cable from Logitech you *can* get a cable elsewhere that will work since it has standard connectors on both ends.  I wouldn't mind seeing the G700 cable used on all the G-series wired and wired-capable mice.

-ken

I have had the same problem, with my logitech G500 disconnecting and reconnecting every 10 seconds or so. Also, the braided cable had started to unravel from the rubber cable in places where it had been bent. 

I have contacted Logitech customer support, and they will send me a new G500. So at least Logitech's customer support is very good and quick. But for a mouse in his price range, I would hope that the design of the cable was better.