Logi Browser
phaTx64

Logitech G500 info please!

Ok, I have several Logitech mice, including mx518, G5, G9 (first one), and now a G500. I was trying to email tech support w/ a few questions, of course before you do this logitech wants to know everything but your shoesize before you submit your question. One of these questions was the "PiD" or "S/N" of your mouse.. well, simple question I thought..?

Seems the G500 is different, the "PiD" and/or "S/N" is not listed on a sticker on the bottum of the mouse like it is w/ my mx518, G5, and G9 .. so I thought, ok.. it must be in/on the package it came in somewhere, hmmm... do not see it there either, I saw the 'barcode' and some numbers by it, but nothing stated any of the numbers was a "PiD" or "S/N" number, so I then looked on all the little booklets that came w/ the G500 mouse.. once again nothing. Then I thought maybe if I launched the "SetPoint" software utility it might show it somewhere within it, I went through all the categories and still saw nothing that stated it was a "PiD" and/or "S/N" of my G500!!!

The only numbers I've found so far are the few on the barcode, which I know one set of is from price and product identification, the other at the top of the barcode I'm not sure about.. on the booklet it showed a "part number", which was also asked for too.. anyway, does anyone know where to find the "PiD" and/or "S/N" of the Logitech G500 mouse???

Btw logitech ... is there some reason you decided not to list it on the bottum of the G500 mouse like it has always been.. that way was simple, fast, and always available.......

Logi Rook
Ocelot

Re: Logitech G500 info please!

It's on the usb connector.  Black tag.

RcL
Logi Apprentice
RcL

Maybe because the sticker can wear off after a while. The one on my G5 refresh didn't, but the one on my old G5 looks pretty terrible.

Logi Visitor
SiberX

RcL wrote:

Maybe because the sticker can wear off after a while. The one on my G5 refresh didn't, but the one on my old G5 looks pretty terrible.

This is very likely exactly why they did it - with their older G-series mice, the sticker on the bottom could get worn to the point that it was illegible, especially when used on a cloth mousepad (increased friction/contact against the sticker). My old rev 1 G5 is very nearly to the piont of complete illegibility on the bottom sticker.

Logi Visitor
TorinGate

I've used nothing but the cheap $10 cloth pads from BestBuy and the sticker never got worn out on my old G5 or any mouse I had in the past

Just lucky I guess

Logi Nu
Sahand91

Is there a way to retrieve those numbers if you've lost the black tag on the cord??