Logi Nu
CaptainRaiden

Logitech G700 DPI and Button mapping problems

So, I decided to upgrade from my A4tech 2000 dpi mouse and so bought a Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse a few days ago and have also installed the latest Setpoint 6.20 software for Windows 7 64 Bit from Logitech's website. So far this mouse nothing but a big headache.  Over the weekend, I have researched and researched and tried almost everything, but absolutely nothing works.  I have done all the necessary troubleshooting at my end, so hopefully the Logitech technicians would have an easier time.

1. The DPI: No matter what level I set the dpi on, there is absolutely NO difference in the cursor speed.  I have read several threads on the forums here, and did each step as specified by members and Logitech folks around here.

Firstly I unchecked the "Use OS native drivers for pointer speed and acceleration" option in SetPoint, then put 3 levels of DPI at 2000, 3200 and 5700 respectively.  It's definitely slower than my old A4tech 2000 dpi mouse, no matter what I do.  The DPI is EXACTLY the same whatever value I choose, whether 1000, 2000, 3000 or 5700 DPI.  I can feel no difference, and I've been playing RPG and FPS games for a while now.

Played COD: Black Ops and Mafia 2 on a 42 inch TV with 1920x1080 resolution with both mice and surprisingly the movement, accuracy, cursor speed is much faster with the older $25 A4tech mouse!  Got my butt kicked in COD playing with the G700, wireless or wired, because I just couldn't move in time.  It feels like the dpi is lower than 800 or something.

Second, since I'm running Win 7 64-bit OS, I set up all SetPoint related exe files to be Run as Administrator permanently for all users.  Rebooted, started them as admin, still no effect on the DPI.  It's slow.

Here are some screenshots:

SetPoint Pointers

SetPoint Overview

SetPoint Permissions

2.  The Buttons:  This is the most frustrating part.  The buttons G10 and G9 are supposed to be set to increase and decrease DPI, but they don't work.  For some reason, when I press G10, it switches between windows in Win 7 Aero mode, like using Alt+tab.  And if I press G9, it starts Mozilla Firefox! **bleep**?  I never assigned these buttons to do any of these tasks, and they're still assigned as they were originally, as you can see with the screenshot I'm attaching.

I assigned the G7 and G6 buttons to be used as Page Up and Page Down buttons.  They worked for a total of ONE time when I assigned tactical grenades to Page Down in COD: Black Ops.  The next day they stopped working, and now no matter what I do, they just won't work with ANY button I assign to them.

Screenshot of the Buttons page in SetPoint:  SetPoint Buttons

The G9, G10, G6 and G7 buttons don't work as they should.  Now, to remedy the aforementioned problems, I uninstalled and reinstalled the G700 mouse AND the SetPoint software for a total of 3 times now, each time the same issue.  The third time I even cleaned up the registry, so that there is absolutely no doubt.

Apart from this, I also have a Logitech K350 wireless keyboard.  Are all these problems because of some wireless interference or incompatibility of some sort?  To troubleshoot this, I disconnected and uninstalled the wireless keyboard as well and put my old PS/2 keyboard back in.  Then uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse + SetPoint software after cleaning up the registry, the SAME **bleep** problem.  At this point I'm hugely frustrated, and am looking for any ideas or solutions before sending the mouse back.  I'm attaching screenshots for further reference.  Please Help!

Logi Nu
Nukeproof

Re: Logitech G700 DPI and Button mapping problems

I have no problems at all with the DPI on the mouse, but i do have a problem with the G6 and G7 keys on it. Im going crazy trying to use them in games for different guns and what not but they just wont work no matter what i try!! And ive tryed doing the same stuff as( Logi nu) did for it but no good. So is the mouse broke? should i take it back to the store? im really mad at the fact that i just cant go to my controls in the game and assign them the way i want!!! I sure hope that logitech is looking at this stuff and working on a firmware that makes it easy to do this! i didnt spend $100 on a mouse just to have alot of dead buttons!!!! if anyone has any idea on how to make this work it would be great, and i would be very thankful!

Logi Nu
CaptainRaiden

[ Edited ]

What's weird is that I was able to assign Page up and Page down to the G6 and G7 buttons right after the first install, and even use it in Black Ops as grenade throwers.  But that was it, 4 days and 3 reinstallations later, they don't work no matter what I do in Setpoint.

The G9 and G10 buttons are even worse.  G10 works as Alt+Tab and G9 opens up Firefox when I didn't even change them since buying the mouse!  They were and are still set as DPI increase and DPI Decrease in the Buttons section of SetPoint.  Screenshot here: SetPoint Buttons.  You can see G9, but not G10, but trust me it's set to DPI decrease.  Not only this, sometimes G9 changes itself to open the Windows 7 search box instead of Firefox!  Then some time or a reboot later, assigns itself automatically to open Firefox, while it says DPI decrease all the time in SetPoint.

I have no idea why this automatic random button mapping is happening.  Does this mean the mouse is faulty?  I hope I don't have to send it back, because the part of Eastern Europe I am in currently, the sending and receiving part is gonna be one big headache.

Also, the DPI issue.  I'm using two monitors, a 1440X900 resolution 17 inch monitor, and a 42 inch LCD TV with 1920x1080 resolution.  Tried playing about 3 games switching between both monitors and also switching between the G700 and the A4tech X7 Crossfire 2000 DPI mouse.  The movement is faster with the older A4tech mouse, while the G700 is slower no matter what DPI level I choose.  On the bigger screen this is even more frustrating, because I get killed while I'm moving the **bleep** G700 to aim.

I also have a Logitech F710 wireless gamepad which I use for arcade racing games, and a Logitech Momo wheel for simulation racing.  The F710 is installed, but I didn't connect it at all in the last 4 days.  Could that be an issue?  In total, I have 4 Logitech products, amounting to somewhere around $1000, and while I'm happy with the other three, this G700 mouse is really getting on my nerves.  Is the G700 not working because I have too many Logitech products? :smileytongue:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I am at this point regretting buying this mouse and wished I'd gone for the Razer Mamba, even if mega expensive, or just stuck with my trusty 2 year old $25 A4tech mouse, but I trusted in Logitech's build and quality because I love the Momo and  the gamepad is very good too.  I wish this G700 could work as good as those.  Please Logitech, help!

Logi Nu
telc

Hey CaptainRaiden,

I seem to have the same DPI issue as you are experiencing.  Have you found a fix for it or was the mouse faulty???

cheers,

Logi Nu
CaptainRaiden

Hey there. Yep, the mouse was faulty. I sent it back to the retailer, Logitech checked it and sent a new one to me. No more DPI or button mapping issues so far, everything works fine as it should.

Now there is one small issue: Whenever I start the computer, and it comes to the Win 7 desktop, I can't click on the taskbar, either the start button or any of the icons on the bottom right hand side. While the icons on the desktop are clickable. The only workaround to this problem is when I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and try to click twice on "Start Task Manager". It works on the second click, opens the task manager, and then I can click on the taskbar and the icons without problem. What also happens is that if I leave the PC for a long time, again the pointer becomes unclickable on either the desktop icons or the taskbar until I start the task manager again.

Probably I'm missing something, some option checked or unchecked. Maybe somebody could help me with this?

Logi Nu
iNvalidReqium

I just got the G700 for Christmas and love it, (beats the hell out of my old mouse) and everything worked perfectly until about an hour ago when I discovered that my G10 button wouldn't make my DPI go any higher, or do anything at all! When I hit G9 it switches between the lowest DPI setting and second lowest, but won't go any higher. Nothing else is strange, but I went into set point and changed some of my other keys to Increase DPI and it still won't increase! Is it because this is the first time I'm charging it and it doesn't have enough power for that DPI or does that just sound stupid? lol thanks for anybodies help :smileyvery-happy:

Logi Nu
iNvalidReqium

Ok now i'm really confused. Regardless of what I set the G10 key to it doesn't do anything! But stranger still, no other button will increase the DPI, or even DECREASE IT! Yes for some reason no matter what I set the G9 key to it still switches between the lowest and second lowest DPI... so if i set either one to right click they don't right click for instance, the G10 doesn't do anything and G9 stays doing what its doing, and the other keys can't increase or decrease the DPI.. **bleep**!!!!

Logi Nu
iNvalidReqium

well when nothing else works.. BUTTON MASH!!!:smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
iNvalidReqium

OMG THE CHANGE PROFILE KEY WORKED!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Logi Nu
virtuosity1457

Awesome so I have to return my mouse to get it fixed?

Mine is doing the same exact **bleep** yours is.