Logi Nu
Hellio

Logitech g9x wont scroll

Hello,

Recently got the g9x series mouse wich worked perfectly well.

However since a week orso my scroll function wont work in any way possible, only works when pushing the scroll button down.

I tried everything to reset it to default settings using the setpoint software version 5.2

All my efforts failed so far, I tried to connect the mouse to my laptop also wich does not have the setpoint software cofigured tho it keeps disfunctioning.

I think its somewhere in the internal memory in the mouse tho somehow i cant get it to reset even after reinstalling the software.

Please aid me and tell me what to do to get my scroll function working again (hope its just not broken)

Kind regards,

Hellio

Logi Nu
Mushroom

Re: Logitech g9x wont scroll

I have the exact same problem as you!

I had it like 1 week after i got the mouse, but i cant remember how i fixed it back then.

Now its **bleep**ed up again and i cant scroll!

Its driving me nuts that i cant scroll!!!

Please respond, thanks!

Logi Nu
Stiener

I'm in the same boat, 1 week it went bad and wouldnt scroll, but then it started up again perfectly fine as soon as I was told too send it in via warranty.  But tonight after playing world of warcraft for 4 hours, scroll wheel was working, walked my gf too her car, came back, and its out again.  I'm really baffled as too is this an issue I created or is it just a jumpy mouse.

Come on logitech help us out here lol.

Logi Nu
Faceman

yeah me too, doesnt work after 1 month old!! :smileymad:

Logi Nu
dangerbirds

same problem here. Had it for about a month, out of nowhere stopped scrolling. Have never dropped it or anything. **bleep**.

Logi Nu
airandfingers

I have a similar problem. Since I got my G9X (about a week), its scroll has not worked for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or most programs. It does, strangely, work fine in Excel. I've reinstalled the Setpoint software with the software from the website, to no effect.

Logi Nu
dangerbirds

Ok so I guess these mice have a problem with the sensor getting blocked. I talked to someone who had the same problem and they said they took apart their mouse (requires taking off the sliding pads, voids warranty i believe) and found a dog hair blocking the sensor. I gave mine a good blow attempting to get dust or whatever our of the sensor by blowing from behind the scroll wheel out the front. Sure enough, it worked. There must have been some dust or something in there blocking it. I suppose its worth a try to anyone who is having this problem.

Logi Nu
NOPE

I had the same problem but after reading here that it's a blocked sensor I just blew into the scrollwheel and it's started working again. 

Logi Nu
bensegar

Sounds odd, but I believe you are correct!, I personally took the interchangeable cover off, hit the mouse from behind, and it worked. I think you're right, it must be a hair/dust blocking the sensor or something! 

Thanks

Logi Nu
ashishr1195

dangerbirds wrote:

Ok so I guess these mice have a problem with the sensor getting blocked. I talked to someone who had the same problem and they said they took apart their mouse (requires taking off the sliding pads, voids warranty i believe) and found a dog hair blocking the sensor. I gave mine a good blow attempting to get dust or whatever our of the sensor by blowing from behind the scroll wheel out the front. Sure enough, it worked. There must have been some dust or something in there blocking it. I suppose its worth a try to anyone who is having this problem.

Thanks a lot dangerbirds. I just gave my mouse a good blow and the scroll works perfeclty now ! Thanks a lot again.