Logi Visitor
g500sUser

Re: Note to G500s users from Ehtisham, the GM of Logitech G

Relax, Logitech is doing the right thing and working on a firmware fix. Give them some more time, its only been 2 weeks.

Logi Nu
george111cz

I actually want to buy the G500s (i have MX518, which is still, after few fixes, working :-) ), but i am waiting for the new firmware to come out and for somebody from the current owners to try it and confirm, that it fixed the delay problems :-) Hopefully another comparision video will be made to demonstrate it :-P

But to the point, i am checking this thread several times everyday, so it would be nice to hear from Logitech, that "Yep, it is nearly finished, we are testing it to make sure everything is fixed" or just some sort of update on the situation.

Logi Apprentice
DJCasper

[ Edited ]

LOL @"nearly finished" comment. Man they won't comment the things while they will finish it. Logitech already said that they found a bug and there will be a FW for G500s owners

P.S. Goshhhh some people are just so ...

Logi Browser
fumundachz

I guess this would be the reason why I could not find the mouse for sale on amazon. I almost pulled the trigger on the one from ncix. I guess I will wait to see if this issue actually gets fixed.

Logi Nu
george111cz

DJCasper wrote:

LOL @"nearly finished" comment. Man they won't comment the things while they will finish it. Logitech already said that they found a bug and there will be a FW for G500s owners

P.S. Goshhhh some people are just so ...

What is your problem? :-D Only thing i said was, that they COULD just post, that it is going according to plan and keep their users at least a little bit updated (given that a lot of people bought it and it simply doesn't meet the advertised specifications)

P.S. Some people are really just: "I don't have the same opinion, therefore it is wrong..." :-)

Logi Nu
Vezina

The 84.9 firmware update is now posted on the Support and Downloads page for the G500s. I flashed mine this morning and it does seem more responsive.

Logi Nu
Scinet

I had to say I use Windows XP to be able to see it.
Logi Visitor
g500sUser

[ Edited ]

Just installed the new firmware and I can confirm the lag is indeed gone. The mouse now feels as responsive as my g5.

Thank you Logitech.

(As stated above the firmware is under XP operating system for some reason but it works on all OSs. I used Win7 64bit.)

ModeratorTeam

If you're not able to see the update, try clearing your browser cache. That should fix the problem!

Logi Apprentice
DJCasper

[ Edited ]