Logi Nu
Eccentrikit

Windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Windows 8.1 seemed to have broke Logitech Gaming Software in the sense that pressing any G key that used to be a shortcut to send additional keys do not work anymore. G keys assigned to system shortcuts will still launch those shortcuts. Color based off application also still works. 

Basically everything works except for keystrokes and mouseclicks...

Onboard memory keystrokes appear to still work, but application specific using windows doesn't...

Anyone have any ideas?

kgober
Kudos: 771
Solutions: 470

Re: Windows 8.1

for keystrokes and mouseclicks to work, there are 2 device drivers that need to be installed and working: Logitech Gaming Virtual Keyboard and Logitech Gaming Virtual Mouse.  it's possible that Windows 8.1 has done something to break those drivers.

-ken

Ah I just reinstalled LGS and its working again

Logi Nu
satego

Hi all,

I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 on the weekend - But I cant get my Logitech stuff to work propperly....

I was not able to Install the Gaming Aoftware 8.50 for my G700 and the G13 at all - The installation stops at point 4 of 5  - I have tried everything, installed Windows completely new from the scratch - Nothing.

I got the G13 working then with an older Version Gaming Software 8.20  - but the G700 , well its working as a Mouse , but I do not get teh Software working. Am I the only one with these issues ?

Any hints or do we just need to wait until Logitech brings a newr Version ?

Thanks for any inputs

Logi Nu
satego

Am I really the only one not getting the latest Gaming Software 8.5... and G700 running on Windows 8.1 ???
Logi Nu
satego

Am I really the only one NOT getting the latest Gaming Software 8.5... and G700 running on Windows 8.1 ???
kgober
Kudos: 771
Solutions: 470

you are very likely not the ONLY person having trouble, but my G700 is working fine in Windows 8.1 with LGS 8.50 and I suspect most other users are also having no trouble.

-ken

[ Edited ]

*** If you are an experienced user with the right skill set and fully understand the risks of installing new operating systems or updating existing ones, this thread is not for you ***

I need to ask this question, I have been a user of Logitech products for as long as I can remember, and as physical devices go Logitech is top class, however as far as drivers go, lets be fair they haven't been flawless.

Microsoft Announce their new OS's and provide all hardware vendors the opportunity to work with them to ensure driver compatibility, I accept that sometimes best efforts don't always catch all the bugs and this can frustrate end users but this is part and parcel of the delivery life cycle, as a  user you just hope the vendor does all that they can to work the issues out as quickly as possible, and Logitech has always seemingly tried to do exactly that.

That being said with the release of Windows 8.1, the immediate red flag to most hardware vendors should have been the new WDDM 1.3 and the way Microsoft has changed the way it manages USB devices, yet Logitech did not even release a new 8.1 driver at release whereas many other vendors in the same market space did, now assumadely there is a reason for Logitech not doing this?

What annoys me is that Logitech should be leader in this space yet show no conviction to this approach, or at very least should be making it clear to their users that they are working on a solution with an estimated (Look up the meaning of "Estimated") date when they hope to address the issues.

I have Windows 8.1 running with a Logitech G5, G500, G19, G700, 3 x G13's and 2 x K750, I have multiple rigs with differing specs and configurations all running Windows 8.1, on all of these systems I have situations where the LGS 8.5 plays up usually resulting in the termination of the process and restarting the software and this solves the issue, this issue goes right back to previous releases and their are multiple threads in the forums outlining similar issues that as yet have not been addressed, but granted that a simple restart of the software solves the problem, this is a bit of needle and hay stack storage unit so I understand. 

I can however confirm in Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, World of Warcraft, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Call Of Duty Black Ops II, Splintercell Blacklist and numerous others that I have no issues on Windows 8.1 with my above devices, that being said everytime I have to tab out of a game to kill the LCORE process and restart the software is an aggravation which I would like to see disappear at some point.

Until then for those who had the patience to read my thread please note Windows 8 / 8.1 have their quirks and I can testify to some dodgy registry hacks to get devices working when 8 was released, but these issues are 100% on Logitech to resolve unless they explicitly state they do not support the OS, and just to point this out when you bought the device what were the requirements and supported OS on the box/packaging..........

What's my point simply this: 

1. Logitech state clearly whether you intend supporting a new OS and on what devices as close to the release date of the OS as you can manage.

2. Logitech provide some indication of timeline when support for the devices will be provided

3. Users be aware that the varying degree of hardware configurations and OS/Software configurations can have an effect on any device and with this comes a degree of bigger thinking, if you install an OS update or upgrade to an OS without knowing if your devices are supported, or without the skills to problem solve on your own, then WHY DID YOU UPGRADE OR UPDATE in the first place (Just saying you don't go Piloting an airplane just because you had the experience of being a passenger)

4. Users who know the risks and have the skills ignore my thread as you knew when you read the 1st line this was not aimed at you!

Logi Browser
Sidex

I can however confirm in Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, World of Warcraft, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Call Of Duty Black Ops II, Splintercell Blacklist and numerous others that I have no issues on Windows 8.1 with my above devices

World of Warcraft has problems as well.. there are tons of post on EU and US battlnet forum about a iussue  with mouse click and camera rotaion after installed W8.1. I have the same iussue.

Logi Browser
mcdonamw

satego wrote:

Hi all,

I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 on the weekend - But I cant get my Logitech stuff to work propperly....

I was not able to Install the Gaming Aoftware 8.50 for my G700 and the G13 at all - The installation stops at point 4 of 5  - I have tried everything, installed Windows completely new from the scratch - Nothing.

I got the G13 working then with an older Version Gaming Software 8.20  - but the G700 , well its working as a Mouse , but I do not get teh Software working. Am I the only one with these issues ?

Any hints or do we just need to wait until Logitech brings a newr Version ?

Thanks for any inputs

I upgraded to Windows 8.1 as well (from 8) and it broke my Logitech Gaming Software installation.  It wouldn't open.  Like you I also got stuck at step 4 of 5 during reinstallation (over top of existing.. I did not uninstall first).  Here's what I did to finally get it reinstalled.

Canceled out of the first hung install.  Navigated to the directory I downloaded the installer and launched it as administrator (right click -> run as administrator).  Before it popped up I believe remnants of the previous install were still in action as I got message prompts regarding inability to close the LGS services/processes.  I manually ended task on anything related to LGS via task manager and clicked retry to that last prompt.  It finally went away.

During the time above the new installer re-launched as admin and was waiting in background.  I proceeded with that installation and it went through successfully.

Ultimately I think you need to run the installer as admin or at the very least close all LGS processes down before trying to install over top.