Logi Browser
esorydal

Re: g400 angle snapping/mouse prediction removed?

Can you answer my question Chris?

Logi Team
Chris_P

What question?

The transparent closure labels are the clear stickers that close the box.  They're the only clear stickers on the outside of the box.

If your mouse is tracking erratically it's likely to be because the surface you're using is freaking out the sensor.  Try using it on a matte, solid-color surface.  Your PID is lower than LZ13333 so it should have angle snapping.

Logi Browser
esorydal

yah thats the thing i guess im unlucky because i used this mouse on 3 different computers and many different surfaces such as a black mouse pad a steelseries mosue pad also black and pink mouse pad and a white piece of paper and another steelseries mouse pad from fnatic jittered all the same also at the same time this mouse dosent have prediction and its LZ13233 I have pretty much all your mouses from logitech ranging mx300 g9x mx518 mx510 g5 g1 so I know what prediction is or angle snapping.

Logi Browser
esorydal

oh wow I just checked my box the closures have logitech logo on them and the mouse is lz13233

Logi Nu
zillion

if i send my old g400 will logitech give me a new one without the angle snapping ??

Logi Browser
esorydal

good question

Logi Nu
zillion

actually if you download a program called cpl mouse fix... it will disable the angle snappin in your registry.. and if your dpi is lower than 800 your angle snapping will be very minute making invisible to the naked eye.... but it is still there a little bit...

the higher your dpi the higher the prediction...

but since logitech has the newer mouse.... people who uses high dpi will be able to enjoy the full non-angle snapping mouse...

please logitech... be nice :smileyhappy:

Logi Browser
Skylit_

[ Edited ]

False. 

CPL mousefix only attempts to disable acceleration in a windows desktop enviroment. It's an unrelated factor. :smileywink:

Angle snapping in the G400 couldin't be disabled unless flashed with an updated firmware due to original hardware choices.

(Hence the purpose of this thread)

Logi Nu
zillion

ohhh i thought they were the same thing...  thx for bringing it out kudos to you

Logi Browser
Kanten

[ Edited ]

ebona wrote:

Hi  ewarwoowar,

Angle snapping has been removed on the newer G400's, due to customer requests.

You have one of the G400's without angle snapping.

Regards, 

And what about those of us that were sold models with angle snapping, with no indication that we would ever have an option to have one without? This really kind of **bleep** for us.