Logi Browser
Kalixin

g600 cursor jump BUG FIX

This is for windows 7. I had the issue of the mouse JUMPING if i clicked it too much while moving it. This occured mainly on League of Legends. This is the fix, Works 100% for me. Also, it gives you 100% accuracy because it takes away every bit of acceleration. This makes it one of the best gaming mice on the market, because its soo odd that a laser mouse has 0% acceleration. Usually that is ONLY found in optical mice. SO this is a bug fix that might make the mouse a touch awkward if you are used to acceleration from lower end mice, but when you get used to it, you will realize you are much better off in precision and gaming in general.

IN THE MOUSE SOFTWARE:

Switch the settings on the mouse to use profiles on the PC instead of the mouse

Turn off enhanced pointer precision (Acceleration) on all profiles.

IN CONTROL PANEL:

Turn of enhanced pointer precision

Keep pointer speed on the default 6. There are little pegs. Put it on the one right after the middle most.

Side note: I tested this with several color patterns, profiles, DPI settings, seperate X Y settings, and polling rates. Absolutely 0% positive or negative vertical or horizontal acceleration, and absolutely no mouse jumping,

easy bug fix for a superb mouse. 5/5 logitech.

Logi Visitor
mangomes

Re: g600 cursor jump BUG FIX

[ Edited ]

Hi there! Have you tried it on the mouse memory profiles also? Because if you haven't, your fix is probably the same as the others... turning into computer profiles and disabling acceleration. (which is indeed a sort of solution for most people, but not actually a fix as the problem will persist should you disable logitech's software. 

Good efforts here! Thank you! Might just work while I hope for a definitive fix on logitech side! This leaping of the cursor is driving me and my wallet nuts! The mouse is only some months old now and I feel like it was already denied attention from their part. Shame if true!

Logi Browser
Kalixin

For the games I use the mouse for, I see 0 issues so far with my current settings, and I am currently using 4 macros. the record macro seems to be the most efficient.

The fix is only a "fix." the issue isnt 100% resolved because you canot se the mouse memory or acceleration, which everyone shoukld have a right to use. However, for most gamers, I think neither is a necessity, because we dont typically use acceleration and we are usually on ONE gaming machine for the majority of games.

Logi Browser
TaylorSwift

I can't find anywhere in the mouse software where you see the pointer precision and how to make my mouse to use the profiles on the PC. I have the Logitech Gaming Software program I believe which is the right one. (has a G on the icon to open it)

How do I get to those settings? I'm so tired of this jumping cursor and this is my second one already. I don't want to send back another =/

Logi Rook
Richard_4641

TaylorSwift:

In LGS (latest version) go to the Pointer Settings page, it's the very bottom checkbox.

In the Control Panel, open Mouse Properties, click the Pointer Options tab, it's the checkbox right under speed slider.

-----------------------
Will work for Kudos!
Logi Browser
TaylorSwift

[ Edited ]

there is no checkbox there,can I get a s/s perhaps of what your talking about?

here's what i see - [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2vnhzy8.png[/IMG]

Logi Rook
Richard_4641

You need to update the software, I think, unless that's what the latest 32 bit version is. you're missing a couple options there compared to the software I have.

-----------------------
Will work for Kudos!
Logi Browser
TaylorSwift

[ Edited ]

ok i downloaded the 64 bit one originally i believe because i didn't know the difference. I have 64bit windows thats why i picked that one. Will download the 32bit one now.

edit: it said this software is not compatable with your system when I just tried to download it. I guess cause it's 32 bit ><

Logi Rook
Richard_4641

No, I use the 64 bit version, Grab the latest 64 bit. I thought it was possible you were using the 32 bit.

-----------------------
Will work for Kudos!
Logi Browser
TaylorSwift

[ Edited ]

I'm using the latest that I see on the website. This is what it says under it - Post Date: 08/23/2012

Edit: Right above the download link it says this - Auto detect indicates that you are running:
Windows 7 (32-bit)

But I know for a fact I'm running 64bit. I go to my computer,right click properties,and it shows right there OS Windows 7 64bit