01-26-2012 09:49 PM
Just got the G700 for a new build. After installing Win7 x64 I cant drag and drop any files. I also cannot move icons around on the desktop. I reinstalled thinking I had a buggy install, but the new install acted the same way. I plugged in my revolution MX mouse and the problem goes away. If I plug the G700 back in the problem comes back.
This happens with and without the setpoint software.
04-13-2012 01:10 AM - edited 04-18-2012 12:51 AM
Offiecial forums like details & to the point, otherwise your just bashing.
This issue in our experience is limited to about 3% time of average total time used per day.
Works fine again using option 2 in "Solutions"
This ended up not a Gaming mouse, it's for people who simply don't use their computer alot.
Basically it's a design flaw,
I personally have one & we have one on Display.
in our experience
about 2 weeks in "wonky" issues started.
I swapped it with the one on display which was fine but started giving the same issues,
borrowed it to a friend day1fine day2not d3n d4n d5n d6n ...
It's starts after using the mouse wheel (Which is awesome ) for a bit.
Left Click (When it feels like it):
- Doesn't select windows when clicking on them (Switching between windows).
- Copying & Pasting is hell.
- Chrome - Closes tabs instead of switching to them.
- Other issues in Firefox & IE
- The "Middle click scrolling" comes on at random when browsing websites.
- Or left click simply does nothing.
TO expand on the copy paste, left click selec fine, drag fine, drop is like nothing happened.
This is because for some reason the left click "Becomes/Mistakes itself for" middle click.
- Expose it to some G's to loosen up the wheel's internal button. (Shake It in the air).
- Expose it to some G's & Opposite G's instantly (Whack it on the table softly).
- Keep it fully charged.
- 6 Month sofar sogood...
Firmware & Software updates does nothing to help but
I'm trying a new macro (left click down, left click up) instead of the left click's default if I don't update this post then it didn't work.
Bad Logitech, QC was propably sleepy.
G700 is not for sale from us nor our website anymore and I wouldn't buy it for any amount.
If it wasn't for the left click issues It really would have made an excellent design.
This is in South Africa, so might have been during shipping, anyone outside the RZA having these issues?
Hardware / Software that might affect USB:
- WIN 7 64bit,
- 1 User,
- Wamp Server,
- Filezilla Server Edition,
- ESET NOD
- Virtual Clone Drive.
- 8Gb DDRIII,
- SSD root drive.
- Logitech 820-002809 (Definately not for gaming),
- Logitech Z515,
- Razer Megalodon.