Logi Nu
juangui

Logitech Wireless PS2 Controller Mode Light

I'm not sure what is wrong with my controller. When I press the "mode" button, the red light blinks repeatedly but doesn't stay solid, thus preventing me from playing. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Help.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Re: Logitech Wireless PS2 Controller Mode Light

Welcome to the New Logitech Community Forums juangui. :smileyhappy:

I would suggest that you try removing the batteries and then try reinsterting them a few minutes later. Please ensure that you have fresh batteries installed.
Logi Nu
the5thplaymaker

I have the same problem, does anyone have a real solution to this problem?
Ed

This behavior could be due to the gamepad and receiver being unable to connect. Disconnect and reconnect the receiver then push the connect button the receiver. The receiver LED should begin blinking. Then try the mode button after that. If they still do not connect you may have a problem with the receiver or the gamepad. You may want to contact customer support if this is the case.
Logi Nu
notjustyeti

Where can I find a list of thwat the mode lights mean?

(In the midst of playing, my controller will suddenly become unresponsive for about 60s, with the mode light being blinking yellow or blinking red. Brand new batteries, reception is solid before and after these intermittent stoppages.)
Ed

Hi notjustyeti,

From what you describe it sounds like your gamepad may have failed. 
Logi Nu
notjustyeti

Okay, hrm, thanks.
I can refine my question a bit: What does it mean when the mode light is solid-yellow?

Here's what happens, more precisely:
Abruptly the controller goes unresponsive and the mode light goes solid-yellow for about 10sec. After the light goes off, I press any key and it again goes solid-yellow and unresponsive for 5-10sec. Then it rapidly blinks red (along w/ the 'rumble' light) as if it's re-setting, at which point it will work fine again. This happens every 15min or so.

Any further advice on what solid-yellow means might help me track down/improve the problem, thanks in advance!
Ed

Here's a link to the mode light behavior. From what you describe it sounds like either the gamepad has failed or there is some 3rd party RF interference that is breaking the link between the receiver and gamepad on a regular basis.