Logi Browser
NicoF22

Dual action joypad problems

hello,
the joypad used to work before my system crashed[that was a fun day] i just now got around to reinstalling the controller and for some reason windows cant seem to recognize the thing. it tell me USB Device Not Recognized. i have put it in 4 usb slots and it says the same thing every time. this is getting to be a fun night i can tell you that. if some one out there knows how to fix this i would be very happy. my system spec are

XP home sp2
AMD 3800+
geforce 7900GTX
and i have the latest version of Direct X
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Re: Dual action joypad problems

Hi NicoF22,

Welcome to the New Logitech Community Forums.

Test the gamepad on a different system. Let me know if you encounter similar problems.
Logi Nu
thevanski

how do I install the gaming software on a mac labtop. problem mini cd
Mona

Hi Thevanski,

Welcome to the New Logitech Community Forums. :smileywink:

Logitech does not provide any gaming software for the Mac platform. However, Logitech gaming devices    are supported natively in Mac OSX. This means you can still use your Logitech gaming device, provided that the game you are playing supports a gamepad, joystick, etc.

If you are using a gamepad, and you'd like more programmability, you can use third party software such as Gamepad Companion from www.carvware.com. Keep in mind that this is third party software and you should contact the manufacturer of the software should you have any issues or questions about using the software.

Although there is no Logitech Gaming Software for the Macintosh platform, some gaming devices will function with limited features.  In order for the hardware to work, you must be using Mac OS 9 with Input Sprockets 1.7 or higher and a functioning USB port.  Additionally, Logitech Gaming Software is not supported on Macintosh computers running Windows emulators.

These devices will use the Mac OS Human Interface Device (HID) support. If you are experiencing detection problems using one of the supported devices on a Mac, please contact Apple to ensure your computer meets these requirements. If you are experiencing problems in a particular game, please contact the game manufacturer.

I hope this helps.
Logi Browser
NicoF22

hello Mona, i just tested it on my laptop and is does not work[same error message, it says that its a unknown USB device] how do i go about getting it fixed?
Mona

This clearly shows that your dual action joypad is faulty NicoF22. I would suggest that you contact Logitech Technical Support to obtain further information regarding their replacement policies.
Logi Browser
NicoF22

Thank you very much Mona.

-Nico
Mona

No problem at all Nico. :smileywink: