Logi Browser
ArtemM
Accepted Solution

Product shipped with invalid UPS tracking number

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've had a problem with a mouse and just received a notice that a replacement mouse has been shipped. But when I tried to check the tracking ID on the UPS.com website, I just get an error saying that no such tracking ID is valid.

"UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."

Incident: (personal content edited)

Shipment Method: UPS GROUND
Tracking Number: (content edited)
To track your package visit UPS.com
RMA ID:(content edited)

Is there something wrong with a tracking number?

Logi Browser
ArtemM

Re: Product shipped with invalid UPS tracking number

Well, whoever removed all tracking and incident numbers from my post, how am I supposed to get help now? :smileyhappy:

CharlesB

I didn't remove them, but if someone was crafty, they could call up UPS using that knowledge and might be able to convince a reroute. UPS shouldn't allow that, but some people are quite cunning.

Anyways, give UPS's system 12-24 hours to update with the initial tracking information. You receiving that number means we've printed the label and UPS has billed up. They still have to pick it up, deliver it at the pickup station, then get the info from their internal servers to the website servers. It's normal to see "invalid number" in the first couple hours after shipping.

Logi Browser
ArtemM

Ok, thanks, its showing up fine at UPS site now.

You may close or delete this thread now.

CharlesB

I hope you don't mind, but I'll be leaving the thread open (and marking the solution I gave you as accepted :smileywink: ) because other people might have this exact same question in the future.

Logi Browser
ArtemM

Thanks for keeping my thread open, because I have another UPS related question. :smileyhappy:

The package I'm currently expecting from Logitech is scheduled to arrive on a day when I will not be home. I went to a local UPS store to see if it’s possible to hold a package for a couple more days and release it for delivery when I'll be home for sure, but they told me they don’t help with individual packages.

I don’t want to miss the delivery and want to know whether I have to call UPS directly with my issue or do I contact Logitech and ask them to adjust the delivery date. I know there are usually 3 delivery attempts before a package gets sent back, but I don’t know whether those 3 attempts are made on a same day or the attempts are made for 3 days in a row. The package doesn’t require a signature so it won’t be held at a warehouse after 3 failed delivery attempts.

So my question is what I should do to make sure I will get a package on a day I'll be home.

Thanks.

CharlesB

Logitech cannot adjust the delivery date once it has been given to UPS. I would call UPS's 1800 number and see what they can do for you.