Logi Nu
LAL4E
Accepted Solution

Can't set up Roku 3 with Harmony Smart Control

I'm trying to set up a Roku 3 with a Harmony Smart Control and I can't seem to get the Harmony to communicate with the Roku. I added the Roku as a Roku 3 with no problem, and then added an activity to "Watch Roku"  using either the "Watch TV" or the "Custom" template on my online setup. Everything turns on ok, but the screen shows me my DirecTV controller (which I also have) -- i.e. it has all the DirecTV buttons, but not the Roku buttons.  And then when I press menu, it pulls up the TV menu.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

Logi Nu
LAL4E

Re: Can't set up Roku 3 with Harmony Smart Control

Some additional information I just figured out -- I CAN get the Roku remote screen, if I go back out to the devices menu and select the Roku, but when I set up the activity, it brings up the DirecTV remote screen.

Logi Nu
LAL4E

OOPS -- nevermind, I figured it out -- you have to set the Roku up using the Watch Movie template.  Duh.

Logitech Employee
HarmonyTeam

Hello LAL4E,

We're happy that your Roku 3 is now set up and working properly.

We have recently updated our myharmony.com and mobile setup software to make this easier for future Watch Apple TV or Watch Roku Activities. Any newly created Activity will now detect if these devices are in your account and suggest a wizard that delivers more optimal button mappings and default Activity icons, similar to what already occurs for a Skype Activity when you have the Logitech TV Cam HD added into your account. These are enabled for all Harmony remotes.

If your remote is working as is, then there's no action that you need to take.

Best regards,
The Harmony Team