Logi Team
HarmonyTeam

[HarmonyTeam] Harmony Apps and connecting a hub

[ Edited ]

Here are a few clarifications to help you get set up.

Harmony Ultimate  and  Harmony Smart Control

- On Apple iOS devices, download the Harmony Control App from iTunes (link).

- This is optimized to work on iPhone and iTouch devices, and will have a 2x experience on iPads.

- On Google Android devices, download the Harmony App from Google Play (link).

- This is optimized to work on smartphones; however it will scale accordingly for tablets.

- Both apps support the Harmony Hub that ships with Harmony Ultimate and Harmony Smart Control; they also support Logitech Link. This app allows you to pair and control multiple Harmony Hubs (or Logitech Links) one at a time using our new control experience, as well as complete setup of the Harmony Smart Control system. These apps are updated frequently based on your feedback -- see our release notes.

Logitech Link

EDIT: On June 28th we change our app name from Harmony Link to Logitech Link

- On Apple iOS devices, download the Logitech Link App from iTunes (link).

- This app is optimized for iPads, containing television guide views and our previous device control experience.

- iPhone and iTouch devices have device control only.

- On Google Android devices, download the Logitech Link App from Google Play (link).

- This is optimized to work on smartphones; however it will scale accordingly for tablets.

- This includes our new control experience. There is no television guide view.

- The Logitech Link app will only discover Logitech Link products. It is not compatible with the new Harmony Hub.

Connecting your Harmony App to your Harmony Hub

- Harmony Ultimate users may complete setup and connect to Wi-Fi by visiting myharmony.com

- Once setup, you may confirm your Hub is on Wi-Fi by navigating to Menu > Settings > General > About (from your remote) and validating that Wi-Fi reads “Connected”. If it is not connected, please return to myharmony.com and navigate to the Settings tab to re-configure this. You may also need to restart your Hub by unplugging and plugging it back in, and waiting 30 seconds for it to power on.

Ensure your hub is within range of your Wi-Fi router, and that it is on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile phone.

- Launching the Harmony App will display discovered hubs on your home network for you to connect to.

- Harmony Smart Control users may configure their Harmony Hub for Wi-Fi by launching the Harmony Control App on iOS, or Harmony App on Android and initiating Bluetooth pairing. If your phone does not support Bluetooth pairing, you will be notified to visit myharmony.com and proceed with setup using your computer.

Logi Nu
qbattersby

Re: [HarmonyTeam] Harmony Apps and connecting a hub

Thanks for this information, however, it leaves me a little frustrated.

I have a Harmony Link which I purchased nearly a year ago - it works fine, but naturally I was excited with the accouncment of the new Smart Control devices, etc which go hand in hand with a new app. I had hoped either the Harmony Link app would be updated or this new Harmony app would support my older link, as in premise, and technically, there are very little differences (RF, etc.). 

So I was even happier upon reading this post where it outlines that the new Harmony Control app supports old Harmony Link devices, however, I have attempted everything - reset Harmony Link, update firmware, etc. etc. through myharmony.com and still the Harmony Control app does not find my Link. I have tested that I can ping my Link from my laptop and that I can ping my Link from my iPhone - both succeed. So what am I left to do. 

Any help would be appreciated on this situation. I am left feeling a little frustrated.

Logi Nu
B-rad

After several attempts with my Samsung s2 of rebooting the hub, power cycling my net gear router and connecting with my buddy's s3, I can't under any circumstance connect to the hub using the harmony app. My Ultimate tells me in the settings that is connected to my network with good strength along with my phone with full bars but it can't locate a hub on the network. Any help would be much appreciated... Before I return it.

Logi Browser
mirekmal

For couple of days I was struggling with similar issue from my iPhone. After in-depth investigation in turned out to be problem with my access-point. I'm using D-LINK DIR-635 wireless router and it has an option (called WLAN Partition) that prohobits connected wireless devices from direct communication between each other. If enebled devices can access internet or all wired LAN resources without issues, but not themselves. When I switched this option off my iPhone instantly connected to smart hub!

Logi Browser
AlexXxander

This was interesting. I am unable to connect both my Galaxy S2 and Ipad to the hub. I get the error message: "Mobile setup is not supported for your harmony ultimate yet."

I'm using D-Link DWL-2100AP. I do not have the WLAN Partition option available...

Anyone else experiencing this?

Logi Browser
AlexXxander

After more investigation, I finally found the WLAN Partion option and turned it off. What happened next is quite interesting and I would love Logitech to answer it:

My Logitech Squeezebox app for both Android and IOS could no longer communicate with the Logitech Media Server or any of my 4 Squeezeboxes...

Do I really have to choose what Logitech wireless products I want to use? Either Harmony or Squeezebox? I guess this is the beginning of the end since both products are at their end?

Logi Team
HarmonyTeam

Hello AlexXxander,

The WLAN Partition either allows or prevents two Wi-Fi connected products from communicating with each other directly over your home network. As the Harmony App communicates with the Harmony Hub directly through your Wi-Fi router, WLAN Partition must be disabled. Logitech Squeezebox's communicate with the Logitech server over the internet, or with the Media Server directly within your home. There should not be any relation between disabling WLAN Partition and other home devices communicating with the internet or other LAN connected computers.

Regards,
The Harmony Team

If this reply adequately addresses your question or issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" to benefit other users
Logi Browser
AlexXxander

Thanks for your answer. I must say this is not correct, though. I also find it somewhat paradoxically turning of WLAN Partition based on the explanation given. There is a working communication between the hub, the router and the internet when it is being updated, why is a mobile device any different?

The problem was using Android or IOS to communicate with the Squeezeboxes, through my Media Server. I never connect over the Internet as some of my Squeezeboxes are too old to support Spotify that way. 

One interesting thing though, is that the 3rd party app, Squeeze Commander, was working perfectly when the WLAN partition was disabled. Logitech's app did not. When I turned on WLAN Partition, both apps worked perfectly.