Logitech Employee
HarmonyTeam

[Important - Harmony and the Sony Playstation 4]

[ Edited ]
Sony Playstation 4 was launched in North America today. Unfortunately the official Sony BD Remote which operated with the Playstation 3 does not currently work on the Playstation 4 and therefore the Harmony Hub that ships with Harmony Ultimate and Harmony Smart Control are also not compatible.

We are as excited as you are about complete home control and will continue to look for other ways to control this game console. This may require a software update from Harmony in 2014, a software update from Sony to enable Bluetooth controllers, or possibly both.

Best regards,
The Harmony Team

Tip: If you have a Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard, they will pair and can navigate the Sony Playstation 4 interface; however the Playstation cannot be woken up from standby mode using Bluetooth. You can add the device to your myharmony.com account and create a play game activity so you are able to still have a setup for the Sony Playstation 4.
Logi Browser
Stangs555

Re: [Important Information - Harmony and the Sony Playstation 4]

Thank you for the update.  If the Logitech bluetooth keyboard can navigate the PS4, then it would be great if we could at least navigate with our remote.

Question, when you say "You can add the device to your myharmony.com account and create a play game activity so you are able to still have a setup for the Sony Playstation 4." --do you mean that we can add the PS4 through myharmony.com? Because I still do not see it as a listed device...

Logitech Employee
HarmonyTeam

Re: [Important - Harmony and the Sony Playstation 4]

Hi Stangs555,

The Sony Playstation 4 will be available as a device on myharmony.com within 24 hours.

Best regards,

Harmony Team

Logi Browser
bigbarrel

Logitech won't have a solution to this until 2014?  Ouch.  Shouldn't it be a quicker fix because the PS4 already recognizes the Harmony Ultimate as a BD Device.  I now have the PS4 added to my devices and activities but this is really limiting.  Can you provide a better ETA?

Logi Nu
crzytenor

Will the Harony Ultimate at least be able to send play/pause/fast forward type commands? 

Logi Legend II
rhachey

no Harmony remote is able to send any commands to the PS4
Logi Visitor
Axodious

[ Edited ]

I’m quite disappointed by this, for the amount I’ve invested in Logitech products, I’d at least figure that they’d take new device releases seriously.

I mean, I can understand a couple of days to test various aspects of the new device after release, but this is certainly something that wouldn’t take until sometime in 2014.

There is no reason that someone cannot be actively working on this, or at least provide us dedicated customers a beta/alpha release that will support the PS4.  At least if that was done, and it didn’t work properly, the onus would shift back to us, and there would be some understanding, that some functionality may not work correctly.

On the whole, I’m very disappointed.  I’ve spent literally thousands of dollars over the years on Logitech products, this really makes me feel like they could really give a darn.

Logi Nu
MiddKid

@Axodious

Normally I'd agree with you but in this case I blame Sony.  I blamed them years ago when I got my launch PS3 and it didn't have an IR port then started selling their Bluetooth BluRay Remote.  $600 for a piece of consumer electronics that couldn't use the world's remotes.  I first bought a hacked-together USB-to-IR dongle that a guy on AVSForums built in his garage.  Then I later bought Logitech's bluetooth adapter.  And last year I upgraded to a Harmony Ultimate.  Logitech basically had their remotes act like an official Sony Bluetooth Remote and it worked great.

I'm happy with my new PS4 but 4 things really tick me off:

- Despite still using bluetooth, PS3 controllers don't work.  This is not a technical issue as PS3 Move controllers work, but DualShock 3s don't work.  This was a purposeful decision.

- Despite having USB ports, apparently my Logitech Driving Force wheel won't work.  Sony's very cryptic response is 

"Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game."  It's confusing to me why they would go out of their way to say "no" they don't work and then follow-up that it is game by game.  

- I could run a USB extension cord from my media closet to my home theater for my PSEye...but now there is a horrible proprietary connection on the new PS4 Camera.  Cancelled my order for this until they can let me extend the cord 30 feet.  Being proprietary I know I'll pay through the nose for an "official" solution.

- Lastly, and circling back to this topic, Sony broke their OWN blu-ray remote...which is why the Logitch products don't work.  When I saw this in the official FAQ a few weeks ago I knew we were in deep trouble: "No, PS4 does not support the Blu-ray remote control for the PS3."  

So while it's frustrating my Harmony Ultimate doesn't work, I'm thankful that Logitech seems committed to finding a solution to Sony's never-ending shell game of standards and connection types.  Hopefully we get a solution soon, I'll be patient.  

Logi Browser
sandy1010

Just so crazy that Sony would break their blu-ray remote. 

They invented blu-ray Ffs. You'd think they'd want an easy transition with the PS4.

Logi Browser
bigbarrel

This has got to be solved within a few weeks, at the most.  I'm not a programmer but if a logitech keyboard can control the PS4, then why the heck would the Harmony Ultimate, that has native bluetooth, not be able to do the same.  I agree that I've paid a ton of money for the Ultimate and Logitech should have had this working as soon at I got the PS4.  The developer software and release date has been known for a very long time for the PS4.