Logi Browser
applemike68

Password not working/Unable to Sync

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I love the Harmony link and the apps for IOS.  I'm currently having an issue when trying to connect to both of my links.  It sasy my passwords are incorrect.  I know this is not true, because it worked before and I can log on the website with the same username and password.  Would this be a cause of the server being down today?  Thanks 

Update:  Now it says from my ipad "unable to sync"  

I love this remote when it works...

Logi Browser
nereocystis

Re: Password not working/Unable to Sync

I talked to technical support this morning. They confirmed that Harmony LInks today are having trouble today with your problem. Engineers are working on a solution.

Why are many Links failing at once? I assumed that Android to LInk did not require an outside connection, but maybe I'm wrong. If the Link has to connect to myharmony.com when the android connects to the Link, it would explain the slowness of the initial connection.

Tech support is hoping for a solution later today.
Logi Browser
nereocystis

I just noticed that the first problem is with an ipad. Both Androids and Ipads are experiencing the same problem. This is intriguing, from a developer's perspective.

I'm trying to decide between RedEye and Harmony Link. Strangely, my RedEye failed a few days ago. Now the Link.

Logi Rook
hanochh

Same problem here.

We bought a very nice and sleek paperweight :smileysad:

Logi Visitor
davenlei

I think you are experiencing a lot of what many of us have dealt with the past few days where the server is inaccessible to the link.  It has been going up and down for me but seems to be stable now.  When it works I LOVE IT!  When it cant connect to the server, I want to throw it across the room and curse it's maker. 

I hope they get the server kinks worked out and include gestures and device recognition on the app so you dont have to re-enter the password on the 'recognized' devices.  Also, button configurability on the iPad please!

Logi Browser
nereocystis

Why does the link need to connect with the server on a regular basis? If the connection fails, the Link should just use the current data stored on the Link, and get on with controlling devices.

I was able to log into MyHarmony.com even though logging into the Android faied.

If the server is the problem, then the Android should not say that the password failed. It should say that the server failed, or just that there is a an undetermined failures.
asn
Logi Nu
asn

I agree with the suggestion above. Why does a the system need the servers at logitech to be intermediaries between my iphone app and the harmony link for routine control of devices?

We only need the servers for firmware upgrades or programming changes. I can tolerate not being able to update the devices and activities on a real time basis but losing functionality of the link remote is not acceptable.

Last weekend  I spent several hours trying to troubleshoot my wifi network and then trying to reset the harmony links before I figured out it was a server issue. Also why does logitech not proactively email users when there is a server issue so we are aware and do not waste time?

I am afraid that this has become side project for logitech and there is no corporate commitment to this. Either logitech needs to reaffirm their commitment to this device and service that I believe has a lot of potential or walk away from it and reimburse those of us that are early adopters.

I personally am hoping for them to stay in the business and make the architecture more robust.

Amit Nagra

Logi Browser
applemike68

Thanks for the replys, I was hoping it wasn't just mine.  I really do like the Harmony link.  I can turn my home theater on from upstairs without being in front of it.  I'm hoping that keep improving...

Logi Nu
hpoydar

Come on Logitech. It's superbowl weekend. Fire up some servers and fix this.

Logi Nu
pmmm

This is a joke.   The damage being done to your brand because of some yahoos who have no idea how to operate a service is inexplicable.  

I am unable to sync this evening because once again your harmony link service is down.   GET IT TOGETHER.  VALIDATE the design,  test it,   and operate it with continuous availability in mind.

DISGUSTED.