Logi Team
HarmonyTeam

Re: "Unable to connect to hub" on iPhone (iOS) with Ultimate

We recommend you confirm that the Harmony Hub is connected to your Wi-Fi network. This may be done by navigating on your remote to Menu > Settings and at the bottom of the list there should be a "Sync remote" button. If this button does not appear then your hub is not configured to your home network and your mobile phone will not be able to find it.

To add your hub to your home network, plug your remote into the computer and sign in to myharmony.com. From the Settings tab select Set up / Change Wi-Fi Settings.

The Harmony Team

Logi Visitor
Tormod

Nice try, no cigar. Both my iPads - one at a time - are scanning in vain to find the hub.
The Harmony hub is connected to my wi-fi network.
The sync remote button is visible and is working.
And I have also tried a deep restart of my iPads, something I forgot to mention in my previous post.
Now what ?
FQ
Logi Nu
FQ

I have essentially the same problems as Tormod, except I'm using an android phone (running 4.1.1). I finally got the remote and hub working after the UE1000 issue resolved. Syncing remote and hub over wi-fi also is working fine. However, the app cannot find the hub. I've tried rebooting hub/router/phone and re-installed the phone app without any effect. Any ideas?

Logi Visitor
Tormod

I doubt if this problem can be fixed without a new patch from Logitech.

Everything is working as it should for me (including wifi-functions and pairing with PS3) except the iPad/iPhone communication with the hub via the Harmony control app. I have tried "everything" except setting up a separate wifi-network with another wifi-router for the Harmony Ultimate.

Quite disappointing since the iPad app functionality was the main reason why I purchased Harmony Ultimate in the first place.

Logi Nu
sb43201

I have same problem with my Ultimate, tried multiple iPads and none of them can find the hub. But my Andriod pad (ASUS transformer) found the Hub instantly and the Harmony Link app works fine on it. So I assume the problem lies between the hub and the iOS, not the network.

Logi Visitor
Tormod

Except for using a fixed DNS for my two iPads and Bluetooth communication, i cannot see that there should be anything "unusual" about my setup. I have tried all the listed suggestions I have read in this forum, but my iPads still fail to communicate with my hub. Would be nice with a solution to this problem. For now my one week old remote is left unused most of the time due to this communication trouble. At least my older Gear4 devices work perfectly well with my iPads, wish I could say the same about the Harmony Ultimate remote from Logitech.
Logi Visitor
Tormod

New firmware was made available yesterday. I don't know what that was suppose to fix, unfortunately it didn't fix my lack of communication between iOS-HarmonyControl app and the hub. The app is still continuously scanning for the hub without any success, I am sorry to say.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Try unplugging the Hub for 30 sec, then after plugging it back in, then see if you can connect

Logi Browser
NickFie

My long-lasting solution: Assign a fixed IP address to the Harmony Hub.

Made the change last week, the iPhone app now finds the Hub instantly every time. Even through iPhone app updates, firmware updates and router restarts.

Two ways to do this:

A. (Recommended) Configure your home nework's DHCP server - usually your broadband router - to lock in an IP address for the Hub. It is "HarmonyHub" on the router's list of attached devices. I'm on FiOS, will describe the process below.

B. (Possible alternate) Assign a fixed IP address to the Harmony Hub through the configuration software. I believe this is possible, haven't tried. Since the hub is on the network all the time, it's unlikely any other device will receive the same IP address.

Speculation - The Harmony app and the Harmony cloud service seem to remember the Hub's IP address and use it in subsequent connection attempts. If the Hub has received a different IP address through DHCP since last contact, there seems to be no reliable mechanism to re-discover it on the network.

To set fixed IP address for Harmony Hub in Verizon FiOS MI424wr router:

1. Browse to router at 192.168.1.1 and sign in (admin / password). Password is on sticker attached to the router.
  2. Click on the "Advanced" icon in the top row of initial screen. Accept the disclaimer.
  3. Click on "IP Address Distribution" then "Connection List" button on subsequent screen.
  4. Scroll through the device list until you find "HarmonyHub" then click on the edit icon (table icon with a pencil, second in the row of icons).
  5. When the "DHCP Connection Settings" window opens, click on the "Static Lease Type" check-box to enable that option. Don't change the "Host Name" field, you'll likely screw upset the harmony of the Harmony universe.
  6. Click on the "Apply" button, then "Logout" on the left of the "DHCP Connections" screen that reappears.

Hope this helps. To repeat, I've had absolutely no problems with the iPhone app since making that change last week.

Logi Visitor
Tormod

Thanks for your post, Nick. Your suggestions and recommendations were very helpful.

Finally – 12 days after a lot of trouble both the remote, the hub and the iOS-app seem to be working perfectly well now.

After a few days the initial UE1000 communication problem was solved, yesterday the iOS-app started to communicate with the hub at last. 

Having restarted the hub and router and iOS-app and iPad countless times and following other advice, nothing seemed to solve my problem. The hub was all the time able to communicate with my router, but not the iPad app.

I was notified via the remote display about firmware upgrade a couple of days ago and did this upgrade to version 3.2.16 through the hub without using the PC. The displayed new version-number on my remote indicated that this upgrade was sucessful.

And the last firmware upgrade from Logitech to version 3.2.16 was perhaps a contribution to the solution as I actually managed to get the iOS-app to work on my iPad for about 5 minutes before it disappeared again. Then it was absolutely impossible to establish communication between my iPad and the hub as before.

Initially the advice from NickFie didn’t seem to work either, maybe because I simply was unfamiliar with the many setting possibilities on my new Asus RT-AC66U router. During the process of establishing fixed IP-adress for the Harmony hub I also upgraded the firmware on my new router, this was perhaps also a contrubition to the solution – I can’t say for sure.

Then I connected my remote to the PC for downloading my settings again – something I of course had tried earlier without solving any iOS-communication problem. To my surprise the PC then started to upgrade the firmware for both the remote and the hub even though I had done this previously with the remote/hub only (and confirmed via the displayed version on the remote). Anyway, after the new Ultimate firmware from Logitech (dowloaded twice to the remote), after establishing fixed IP-address for the hub, after upgrading the Asus router firmware, then everything was working as it should.

So after a bumpy start and almost two weeks since receiving the remote I have now begun to use all parts of the Harmony Ultimate concept, and I am very impressed with all the possibilites.  I can use both my iPads now with the iOS-app and the Sony-PS3 communication is fantastic (when videostreaming or playing dvds etc).