Logi Browser
stan1415

Harmony One rattle

Was sitting on the couch watching tv last night, went to touch my Play XBox softbutton on the Harmony One touchscreen, saw it was asleep, gave it a little shake to wake it up, that's when I heard it. A rattling noise coming from the remote. Something came loose inside. I took out the battery and opened up the front programming port cover and tried to see if whatever is in there would fall out. It doesn't want to come out.

On hold with Logitech now waiting to talk to tech support. Been on hold for a long time, wondering if they are getting a deluge of Harmony One support calls. I want a new remote, 250 bucks and two weeks later it should not be rattling. This thing has been babied too. Is Logitech going to give me a hard time? Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,
Stan
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Harmony One rattle

how bad of a rattle is it?  you likely will hear some rattle because of the tilt sensor...  but not hearing your specific rattle, I can't say if it's the tilt sensor or something else...

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
stan1415

It's pretty annoying, it never happened before that time and the tilt sensor worked fine. You can actually feel the rattle when you shake it. It definitely has the feel of something loose inside.

Does anyone else with a Harmony One hear any kind of noise when they give their remote a soft shake or tilt to wake it up?
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

I have both a Harmony One and 880.  I do recall the 880 rattle being somewhat pronounced.  I haven't really noticed it on the One, but I'll check tonight.

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

just checked....you have to shake the One rather vigorously in order to hear a noticeable rattle...the normal movement of the remote, up/down, around, etc...doesn't create that bad of a rattle

it's about the same level of the 880, just a slightly different noise

Logi Browser
appley

mine does it too. Its the tilt sensor.
Logi Visitor
Blackbolt

Hi all,

The tilt sensor on the Harmony One does produce a slight rattle as there is a moving component within the device. This is completely normal and it should not be too pronounced. The same goes for the H1000, H700 series and H800 series of remotes, although the H700's and H800's are using motion sensors instead of tilt.
Hope that helps a bit.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

the880 does in fact use a tilt sensor, not a motion sensor

Logi Nu
punkerpat

My new Harmony One rattle's very loud as well. I could understand a slight noise, but this sounds like a pebble is loose inside the remote. Is this something that is not normal on all of the Harmony Ones?
Logi Visitor
deft

How many times does someone have to say it's the tilt sensor?