Logi Browser
gmacarthur

Sony DVD Player won't turn on/off without HELP

Everything works great on my Harmony One..EXCEPT..it will not turn my Sony DVD player on or off.  The "help" button resolves the issue, but it's a pain to go thru this everytime to turn it on or off.  Anyone have any suggestions on things to try?
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Sony DVD Player won't turn on/off without HELP

increase the interdevice delay for the dvd player...

if that doesn't work, let me know and we'll go from there

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
gmacarthur

Thanks for the info, but that didn't work.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

what was it at and what did you increase it to?

the behavior is typical of what I suggested...I would increase it a lot just to verify if this is indeed the problem.

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

could this be the same issue you're having?

Logi Browser
gmacarthur

That's the exact same problem...samne DVD model number too...I will try deez20's solution tonight and see if that works.  Thanks so much for the help.
Logi Browser
gmacarthur

Deez20's solution also fixed my problem!  Everything works great now.  Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction
Logi Nu
trishgetty

This worked for me as well... for some reason, switching to "Play DVD" turned off the Sony Receiver (STR-K740P).  Adding a second "Power toggle" to the macro worked perfectly.

Thanks!

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

trishgetty wrote:

This worked for me as well... for some reason, switching to "Play DVD" turned off the Sony Receiver (STR-K740P).  Adding a second "Power toggle" to the macro worked perfectly.

Thanks!

you really don't want to be adding additional power commands to the activity string.  those are not tracked.  you have an underlying programming problem and you're only masking it instead of fixing it

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

That would normally happen only if the receiver was not included in the Activity.

This does sound like a programming error.

Message Edited by hhatkin on 11-25-2008 04:35 AM