Logi Browser
starwars

30 Second skip

Is there a way to make a 30 second skip feature for my 670 to control my Cox cabel Motorola DCT6412 III cable.
Logi Rook
olguy

Re: 30 Second skip

I take it your device remote has a 30 second skip? Maybe you can teach the command to your Harmony. I say maybe because a 550 will not learn from my Dish remotes.
Logi Browser
starwars

No there is a hack to enable it but cox cable has taken it away. Is there a way to make it send the fast forward signal for 30 seconds or perhaps another way.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

you essentially can create a sequence.

what you'll need to do is add the same cable box a second time, then set it's power settings to always on.  (obviously it'll see the commands for the 'real entry' and be on whenever you need it).  then change the interdevice delay for the 'fake entry' to say 10 seconds....

then create a sequence that sends ffwd from the real entry once or twice to get it fast, and then the play command for the 'fake entry'

it'll require some tweaking in regards to the timing, but people have done this before.

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
starwars

Sweet thats great.

Thank You,
Marshall
Logi Browser
tkouhsari

I'm having trouble doing this. I haven't used sequences much on my 880, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyway, I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR. I added it a second time, set it to always on, and added it to my Watch TV activity. I also set the inter-device delay to 10000 ms.

Now when I program a sequence for my original device to three Fast Forward commands in a row, it does that perfectly. I hit my button and see the 3 fast forwards happen in rapid fashion. But when I add the fourth command, which is Play on the "fake" device, I have no idea what the remote does anymore. Sometimes it just hits the fast forward once. Sometime it hits it twice. I haven't seen it get to the third FF. And it never hits Play.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom
Logi Browser
tkouhsari

Here's a different experiment with an interesting result.

So I have "Digital Set Top Box" which is main device and "PVR" which is the fake device.

DSTB has the following delays:
Power on: 1000
Inter-key: 0
Inter-device: 100

PVR has the following delays:
Power on: 1000
Inter-key: 0
Inter-device: 10000

So I set up the following sequence:

DSTB -> Fast Forward
DSTB -> Fast Forward
DSTB -> Fast Forward
PVR -> "A" button (should do nothing really, just the 10 second pause)
DSTB -> Play

The result when I hit my key is that I get one Fast Forward, then a 10 second pause, then two more Fast Forwards and a Play in rapid succession.
Logi Visitor
mhornet

On the Wiki page for the Moto cable boxes, there is a way to program your original remote with a 30 sec skip.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote

Its under section 1.2 where it lists the functions and the codes for the remote. As long as you have the original remote, you should be able to program the new function to a button and then have the Harmony learn that buttons function. I did it successfully, but with Comcast, so YMMV.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

that's nice hornet, but he has a scientific atlanta hd dvr...not a motorola

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Visitor
mhornet

No, the OP has a Motorola DCT6412. I have Comcast and he has Cox, so maybe it will/will not work for him.