Logi Nu
browncl3

880 - issues with entone hydra cable box

in programming my harmony 880 I selected the entone hyndra as my cable box.  Everything went swimmingly until I tried to use it... no response at all... tried troubleshooting and reading the IR... to no avail... the 880 wouldn't recognize any command except the "power toggle".  Has anyone had any trouble, or offer any advice; setting up the harmony remote with the entone hydra system?  thanks.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: 880 - issues with entone hydra cable box

try learning the commands from the original remote...you may need to learn the commands in raw format

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Nu
Entone

browncl3, please note that the Entone remote controls use RF instead of IR to communicate with the box.  This is a requirement since a single box has 3 remote controls that can be used throughout the home.  IR is line-of-sight where RF can penetrate walls. I suggest learning the remote commands but to do so, you must first 

4.2 Preprogrammed Device
For preprogrammed device entry, you will need to locate the supported device keycode from the 3rd party universal
remote. Hydra HD supports 4 device keycodes: MAGNAVOX 10024-B, CENTURION 00092-B, TOSHIBA TSR-202,
HITACHI HDS-100R. You can select the IR keycode and decoder being controlled by the IR in the Entone User Menu.
     1. To bring up the User Menu, press INPUT and Menu on the Entone URC+. Press Down arrow key to navigate
to the URC IR KeyCode. To change the IR keycode, press OK to set focus on the item. Press Up arrow or
Down arrow to select the keycode. Press OK again to leave this item after the change is made.
The item “URC IR Command Sent To” specifies which decoder would respond to the IR command. You can
set the IR command to be sent to decoder 1 or 2 or 3.

If that does not work, you can try learning the codes, but to learn the codes, you must first put the remote in IR mode.

Change the Entone URC+ to IR mode
    a. Press the STB button on the remote for 5 seconds until the backlight illuminates, the Entone remote
is in registration mode
    b. Press the STB button again and both the STB and AUX button will be illuminated
    c. Press “0” on the remote to set it to IR only mode.

Logi Nu
peanutmsn

Entone wrote:

browncl3, please note that the Entone remote controls use RF instead of IR to communicate with the box.  This is a requirement since a single box has 3 remote controls that can be used throughout the home.  IR is line-of-sight where RF can penetrate walls. I suggest learning the remote commands but to do so, you must first 

4.2 Preprogrammed Device
For preprogrammed device entry, you will need to locate the supported device keycode from the 3rd party universal
remote. Hydra HD supports 4 device keycodes: MAGNAVOX 10024-B, CENTURION 00092-B, TOSHIBA TSR-202,
HITACHI HDS-100R. You can select the IR keycode and decoder being controlled by the IR in the Entone User Menu.
     1. To bring up the User Menu, press INPUT and Menu on the Entone URC+. Press Down arrow key to navigate
to the URC IR KeyCode. To change the IR keycode, press OK to set focus on the item. Press Up arrow or
Down arrow to select the keycode. Press OK again to leave this item after the change is made.
The item “URC IR Command Sent To” specifies which decoder would respond to the IR command. You can
set the IR command to be sent to decoder 1 or 2 or 3.

If that does not work, you can try learning the codes, but to learn the codes, you must first put the remote in IR mode.

Change the Entone URC+ to IR mode
    a. Press the STB button on the remote for 5 seconds until the backlight illuminates, the Entone remote
is in registration mode
    b. Press the STB button again and both the STB and AUX button will be illuminated
    c. Press “0” on the remote to set it to IR only mode.

This may be a really stupid question, but how do you get the remote back to RF? I changed it to program my harmony but now neither remote works.

Logi Browser
new2texas

peanutmsn,

I just bought the Harmony 890 (I think it is similar to the 880 with RF) and I am having troubles with my Entone Hydra box as well.

I hope you have since resolved your issue and have your system working flawlessly.

My question is this: What was the purpose of changing the Keycode as described in browncl3's post in response to your question.  I am having similar issues and would like to know if this is a path I should go down or leave well enough alone.

Thanks!

Logi Nu
justrad

I also have the 890 remote i was curious if anyone has fixed this problem with the entone reciever if so please reply i am tired of this situation

Logi Nu
sportsman84

I was able to get the RF capability working again by going through the same process but pressing '2' Hope it works for you.