Logi Nu
sburness
Accepted Solution

AV receiver won't turn off when muted

Hi, I am having a problem where my remote will not turn off my AV receiver when it is muted.  It turns everything else off, but only unmutes the AV receiver, leaving it on.  I am not sure why it is sending that signal.  I went into power settings and its on the powertoggle.  The remote can turn off the component in devices menu and also works fine when the receiver is not on mute.  I have tried extending the delay and adding another powertoggle.  What can I do to make sure it turns off even when its on mute?

My remote is a harmony 550, my av receiver is a Samsung HT-AS730S.  Thanks!

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: AV receiver won't turn off when muted

Welcome to the forum.

At Adjust Power is the setting "one button for both on and off"?

Which of the delays was it that you tried extending?

H H

Logi Guru
listener

Hi,

another thought. What happens when you try to power off the muted receiver with the original remote? Maybe it's a device behaviour rather than a Harmony problem.

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

And a good thought - as I had it too!:smileyhappy::smileywink:

The reason I didn't mention it was that the problem doesn't happen direct from Devices.

Logi Nu
sburness

Hi,

Thanks for the ideas.  I tried powering off with the original remote when muted.  Turns out, it does the same thing.  Strange.  I'm adjusting the power options now to send two powertoggle commands; one to unmute (apparently) and another to actually power off.  Hopefully this works.

Thanks,

S

Logi Nu
sburness

Turns out adding a second powertoggle does the trick.  Weird receiver.

Thanks

Logi Guru
listener

Glad you got it sorted!

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Now the odd thing is that it didn't happen direct from devices!