Logi Nu
justkurt

Apple TV pairing

I can't get my Harmony 670 to maintian settings for Apple TV.

Once I unpair the remote per the Logitech FAQ, the 670 can control the Apple TV, but I am unable to get out of the device menu on the LCD screen. If I switch to another device and then go back to the atv, the atv no longer responds to the 670.

Is there supposed to be another step after unpair? How do I get out of the device menu?

Logi Nu
justkurt

Re: Apple TV pairing

Does anyone have any inisight on using Harmoney to control Apple TV ?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
DaneHarmony

Hello, if you haven't resolved this yet, you can add your Apple TV as a Computer -> Media Center

Use Apple as Manufacturer, and Apple TV as the model.

Here's two FAQ's on how to pair or unpair the Apple remotes.

• 8404 - Using the Harmony remote to control Apple products that use the Apple remote
  • 8480 - How to control multiple Apple devices with the Harmony remote
  •  

DaneHarmony

Logi Nu
    justkurt

Thanks, Dane. I have seen those and have used the "unpair" function.

My problem comes AFTER unpairing - it works fine at first, but doesn't seem to be "remembered". For example, if I switch away from the ATV to watch a DVD, when I switch back to the ATV I have to "unpair" the remote all over again.

Is this how it is supposed to work? How can I set it up so that I don't have to unpair every time?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
    EricHarmony

Hi Justkurt,

That's a strange issue. Do you have any issues trying to control it using the original Apple remote? If the Apple TV isn't paired, it should be open to receive commands from any Apple remote.

I would suggest checking the IR settings in the menu system of the Apple TV and making sure it's not paired to a specific remote.

If that doesn't help, I'm not sure what to suggest other than perhaps your Apple TV isn't holding its memory correctly and is constantly reverting to a previous state in which it was paired to a different remote. Perhaps flashing the AppleTV's memory/firmware may help. Apple support may be necessary at this point.

Thanks,

EricHarmony