Logi Browser
spaaarky21

Changing Samsung input to "TV"?

I have a Samsung LN-S3251D LCD TV, which allows you to switch directly to input source instead of cycling through them.  I got my Harmony 720 while I had an HDMI digital cable, which I just recently got rid of.  I reconfigured my remote to select the "TV" input when watching TV but my TV doesn't switch inputs.  Does anyone know of a way to fix that?  I was thinking maybe I could add a command but I don't think the original remote has a button to skip directly to the input - it only has a button to cycle through them.

I don't know if I am being overly literal but I thought it might be worth mentioning that the TV has a "TV" input and the remote has "InputCable" instead of "InputTV."  All of the other "Input..." buttons are an exact match to the TV's input menu.

Brandon

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: Changing Samsung input to "TV"?

Do you mean you've set the Activity's input to InputAntenna and that doesn't get set?

Have you tested the InputAntenna command direct, from the devices screen, to test it?

Logi Browser
spaaarky21

In the TV's on-screen menu, there is a "TV" input.  That is what the set needs to be on to watch cable TV (as opposed to digital cable which would come through an HDMI input.)

In the configuration software, when I review the settings for the "watch TV" activity, it says:

Samsung TV is on

All other devices are off

Samsung TV is set to "TV"

But changing the input never works when I choose that activity.  On the remote, when I go to Devices and then TV to view of all the commands, I see a lot of "Input" commands like "InputHdmi1" and those all work.  But there is no "InputTv" option like in the TV's on-screen menu.  The closest match I see is "InputAntenna" and that command doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Logi Browser
spaaarky21

To clarify, I suppose I shouldn't have said "those [input commands] all work."  The input commands for HDMI, A/V, S-Video, PC, etc work, but InputAntenna doesn't seem to do anything.

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Does the prev channel button for the TV does it take you back to the tuner>

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

spaaarky21 wrote:

On the remote, when I go to Devices and then TV to view of all the commands, I see a lot of "Input" commands

To be clear on this detail:
You are going to Devices> TV> Adjust Inputs> Method 2, and in the list of Input Names there is an entry called simply "TV" - right?
On the next page which Command in the dropdown list is assigned to that Name?

Logi Browser
spaaarky21

Aww, yes, you are right - the "TV" device is setup using method 2 and the TV "source input" has "InputAntenna" listed as the "remote button."

hhatkin wrote:

spaaarky21 wrote:

On the remote, when I go to Devices and then TV to view of all the commands, I see a lot of "Input" commands

To be clear on this detail:
You are going to Devices> TV> Adjust Inputs> Method 2, and in the list of Input Names there is an entry called simply "TV" - right?
On the next page which Command in the dropdown list is assigned to that Name?

Logi Browser
spaaarky21

towboy123 wrote:

Does the prev channel button for the TV does it take you back to the tuner>

Nope, it does not.  The TV remains on whatever input was previously on and the Harmony's "prev" button does not cause the TV to change inputs to the tuner.