Logi Browser
brentherndon

Denon 2309Ci Dual Zone Receiver.....

Is their any documentation out there for configuring the Harmony One Advanced Remote to control the Zone 2?  I guess their is a way on the remote to switch from Zone 1 to Zone 2. 
Logi Guru
listener

Re: Denon 2309Ci Dual Zone Receiver.....

Hi,

you need to setup your receiver a second time, but add 'zone 2' to the end of the device name.

Greetings

listener 

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

most of the dual zone receivers actually prompt you automatically to setup the second zone when you add the receiver to your setup

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
brentherndon

How do you just add the receiver ONLY to the Activity list?  For example to set it up for the second zone? 

In addition, how you would do the following scenario? 

For a good portion of the time when I watch JUST TV, I like to just use the sound from the TV and not the

receiver and inwall speakers (I have kids that just need to watch their kid shows).  Right now I am able to

have the TV on and the cable box on (AND NOT THE RECEIVER) and it works fine.  In addition, if at some point

I want to turn the receiver on and watch TV, I just hit turn the receiver on and make sure it is set to TV/Cable and it

switches to the surround sound and does not then use the TV speakers.

Any help would be great appreciated. 

Logi Guru
listener

Hi,

the usual way is to setup another 'Watch TV' activity. Choose to do that manually when prompted. When it comes to the question which device should control the volume select the AVR. Afterwards you can rename the activitiy to something like 'Watch TV with AVR'. When you switch between the activities the AVR is turned on or off, just as you like it. The TV (and a cable-/dish-box) will remain on during this.

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Browser
brentherndon

I went into Devices and added another receiver and then renamed it to Receiver Zone 2.  But it will not let me add the activity of Listen to Music.  Says none of my devices will play digital music.  Which is completely untrue.  My Ipod will play from my receiver.  I just have to select the right input.  Please help.

Logi Guru
listener

Hi again,

same advice, when creating an activity, always choose to do it manually.

Greetings

listener

Logi Browser
brentherndon

Out of curiousity, do you have to set up an Activity to turn everything off?  For example, when you are done for the day and want to go to bed or go some where OR if you want to switch from just watching TV to playing the PS3, do you need to have a "TURN OFF EVERYTHING ACTIVITY"? 

Listener - thanks for all your help and your time!!!

Logi Guru
listener

Hi again,

no, that's what the 'power' or 'off' key on remote (depending on the model) is for! And for switching form 'Watch TV' to 'Play a game' simply press the acitivity key and choose the desired activity.

Greetings

listener

Logi Browser
brentherndon

Right now I have the following activities :

Watch TV - NO AVR
Watch TV- WITH AVR

Watch DVD   (this is for just DVD movies with my PS3)

Play Game    (this is to play games on my PS3 which uses the DVD input too, SO I am not sure if I need an activity for games and DVD)

Need to work on my Zone 2 Activity tomorrow.  Need to charge my controller and test the other activities. 

Mostly in my Zone 2 I want to be able to play my Ipod and also listen to the TV in case I am out on my deck grilling and want to hear

the football game or race.