Logi Nu
MarinAVPadawan
Accepted Solution

Dish Network VIP 722k

Just purchased Harmony One.  Followed Setup online.  My Dish Network VIP722k is currently connected to Panasonic Plasma by HDMI. 

Problem:

Harmoney One works great on reciever, DVD, tv, but not DVR.  It is not powering it on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

towboy123
Topics: 125
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Re: Dish Network VIP 722k

To get any harmony remote to control the DVR I had to set the Dish box and remote to be remote #1. Your installer may have set it up to be a different number if you have more than one receiver installed.

To change, use the Dish remote for all steps: * go to the SYSINFO screen (from the Installation screen), * press the SAT button until all 4 device buttons light and the SAT button flashes, * press the 1 button and wait a second, * press the REC button, the SAT button should flash a couple times - then - the SYSINFO screen should show that you're using REMOTE 1.

in addtion for a k model

to change from RF to IR, it was necessary to change to software/firmware settings in the PVR as well as move the dipswitch setting inside the remote. in order to change the PVR setting, i was told to press and hold number "zero" until a Wizard appeared. The Wizard walked me through the adjustments which were simple. 

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Nu
MarinAVPadawan

Thanks Towboy!   This change is specific only to the Remote 1# that I am changing correct?  My second remote upstairs is using the RF signal.
towboy123

[ Edited ]

Correct TV2 uses RF and will not be changed 

If you want to control TV2 with a harmony you would need to purchase this 

TV2 dish net IR control 

and could you please mark as solved

Message Edited by towboy123 on 09-05-2009 04:36 PM
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Nu
MarinAVPadawan

So I finally had a chance to work on the DVR remote.   I followed the suggested steps you included.  In checking sys info on the DVR  it tells me that my remote is "remote 1" and it is set for IF.  However my Harmony remote is still not turning on the DVR.   Any thoughts?  Are the steps I might be missing on the softwared setup for Harmony One?

Thanks

towboy123

Run the trouble shooter for the the 722 and report back the results. 

Also see that it is using seperate power commands.

Devices>722>Adjust power 

Logi Nu
MarinAVPadawan

OK,  Figured it out. 

First of all thanks again for all your help.   I had a steep learning curve on terminology.  Changing the remote to #1 reflected the need change the remote address to #1  (it had defaulted to 3).  Remote was set to IR.   The below directsion were dead on except for one small addition.

To change (remote address on remote number 1 to " channel 1"), use the Dish remote for all steps: * go to the SYSINFO screen (from the Installation screen), (you can also hit menu button twice) * press the SAT button until all 4 device buttons light and the SAT button flashes, * press the 1 button and wait a second, * press the # button* press the REC button, the SAT button should flash a couple times - then - the SYSINFO screen should show that you're using REMOTE 1 with Channel 1.

Now have Harmony working with DVD player, Tuner,  Sat/TV and CD.  Of cource after getting all of that to work I then finally got around to routing the DVD, Plasma, SqueezeBox, etc into my Denon.  So now I have to re do all my activities to incorporate the Denon in it's steps.   That however will be a project for tomorrow.  Thank you again for your responses.  This thread is officially closed in my book. 

towboy123

Glad you got it working come back if you need more help.