Logi Nu
aus69

Harmony 1 software is not recognizing MOXI as a cable box, but it works for my 1100?????

I programmed the 1100 downstairs fine with the MOXI, but the Harmony 1 software keeps telling me I don't have a device to change channels.

My wife is pretty mad, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Logi Nu
blooey22

Re: Harmony 1 software is not recognizing MOXI as a cable box, but it works for my 1100?????

I just had to change out my cable box with Comcast.  Harmony 1 software doesn't recognize the Motorola DCT-2224 as a cable box.  "None of your devices can change channels."  It worked fine with the PACE dvr, but now I have basically the same problem you have.  Did you get a resolution?  I don't see any posts in reply to your question.  Wondering if you got some help directly to your email box.  Thanks.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: Harmony 1 software is not recognizing MOXI as a cable box, but it works for my 1100?????

In both cases don't the Harmony database commands for your devices include the Channel Up and Down commands?

Logi Nu
aus69

It doesn't even recognize the MOXI box as a cable box for the Harmony 1 but it works fine for my Harmony 1100.

It's also pretty sad that Harmony supports doesn't care at all since I've also sent TWO emails, and posted TWICE here with NOTHING. I'm someone who has 4 Harmony remotes right now and 3 other older ones in the past.

I'll spend my money elsewhere if they can't resolve this.

My wife is pissed off as it is with the remote not working.

Logi Journeyman
mdavej

[ Edited ]

This is a pretty common problem. The last time it happened to me (with a motorola box), I set up my activity manually and was able to pick a channel changer, in spite of the software telling me it didn't exist. You'd think this would be a top priority for the harmony database team (making sure all devices that change channels are recognized in the database), but it's not. These problems have persisted for years. Good luck, and welcome to the world of harmony.

Note to hhatkin: Even though the channel up/down commands exist for these devices, there is something that causes the software to not recognize them as such. Perhaps they're misspelled or there is some other attribute missing from the database that makes the association. I never dug into it very deeply. It's very frustrating for users. I see this problem posted on other boards all the time. It's almost always motorola cable boxes and DVRs.

Logi Nu
aus69

To really rub some salt in the wound. The Harmony software for th 1100, 890, 880, and 688 all recognize the Moxi as a device that's able to change channels, BUT THE NEWER Harmony 1 data base is not programmed with the Moxi yet!!

Not I have to use an old remote and my brand new Harmony 1 is basically a brick.

I'm hoping they can fix this soon. THEY ALREADY HAVE THE CODES FOR IT!!!