Logi Browser
Hewlett777

Harmony 1 with slingbox solo

hi,

i have the harmony one remote, a slingbox connected to my skybox and an IR reciever for my PC.
basically i want to know if its possible to control the slingbox media player on my pc with the harmony one through the IR reciever for the PC.

thanks

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Harmony 1 with slingbox solo

I'm not sure, but probably (at least to some degree).

I also have a slingbox solo (hooked it up to a cable box at my parents so I can get my out of area sports teams where I live)...and on my PC I noticed that the player does respond to keyboard presses, but I haven't spent the time to figure out complete control that way. however, since it responds to keyboard presses, I assume that at least once you launch the player, something as basic as a 'media center pc' entry would give you some control over it

I'll caveat all this with the fact that I don't control my PC with either of my Harmony remotes and that I'm really waiting for the slingcatcher so I don't have to put a PC into my entertainment setup

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
Hewlett777

thanks for the reply,

my thinking was very much the same as yours, the only problem is the software with my IR receiver is very basic and
i'm doubtful it could be used along with the slingbox in any useful way. i think i'll try a few keystroke commands tonight and see if i cant get the harmony working with the slingbox media player. i'll post results
Logi Nu
boldenburg45

Any luck? I pre-purchased the new SlingHD and would like to hook it up to a projector in my house and use the sling as a digital/hd tuner.

Brian
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

boldenburg45 wrote:
Any luck? I pre-purchased the new SlingHD and would like to hook it up to a projector in my house and use the sling as a digital/hd tuner.

Brian

brian, are you still referring to using the sling player from a media pc...or have you also pre-ordered the sling catcher?

I will be getting the slingcatcher for my place and will also likely upgrade the slingbox solo I have in CT to a slingbox pro-hd...I'll then put the solo in my place so that when I travel I have access to both feeds

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays