Logi Nu
Vric

Harmony 1100 + RF sending double IR command

Hi,

I have been using Harmony remote for years and this 1100 for 2 months now. Today, I added a computer (HTPC) to control using the RF extender.

Even if Harmony software was saying I had the good IR set from the database, it wasn't working at all. So I learned all the IR command from the orriginal remote.

It works, but all the command are send twice. If I press left, it move twice. Same for every button.

It's not happening with any other device using the Harmony or the RF extender. I already tried to change the timing from 0ms to 300ms and the speed from 0 to 5, nothing help.

Thanks for help

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Harmony 1100 + RF sending double IR command

Run the Troubleshooter for the device, select responds to much or not enough and reduce the Repeats.

Logi Nu
Vric

Like I said, I already did this choosing both extreme with no help.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is this new device assigned to the extender itself or to one of the pairs of emitters?

Logi Visitor
ChuckF

sorry to piggyback on this but i have the same problem and i have gone through the troubleshooter and selected both extremes for the values 0-5...and all in between. my direct tv sat box guide is the issue in my case...scrolls down 2x over 2x etc.

also from other posts and past trouble shooting apparently there are known issues with samsung lcd tv and IR interference (yes it interfere with RF extenders IR receivers i guess.

so my rf extender is out of line of site for my tv and i have extenders in front of the tv, i also have all my devices samsung LN52A750 , bose 28, direct h20 hidef set box. controlled by the extender...no ir ports are assigned explicitly.

any ideas on this?

Logi Visitor
adnausem

when you taught the h1100 in raw the command duration is copied, ie if you kept the original key depressed too long , the Harmony would mirror this. If this is not the problem contact support and ask them to copy the command from their other users database

Logi Visitor
ChuckF

When i set up the remote i used the available commands and options (i.e. i did not teach it)

Also i removed the sat set box from rf extender and i do not have the issue. so i something to do with the RF + ???

Logi Visitor
adnausem

perhaps have updated the firmware?

Logi Visitor
ChuckF

i have the latest firmware.

i took my satelite out of rf control (just by harmony 1100) - i dont get the double scrolling but of course i have to point directly at the box which is in a cabinet

Logi Visitor
adnausem

sounds like the extender is to blame , it was a problem for a some RF extenders, if you are under warranty  contact support, tell them it is rf extender repeat issue, they should excalate the call, when did you buy the extenders?