wpw
Logi Browser
wpw

Harmony One Problem Programming Comcast HD DVR

I'm trying to help my daughter get her Harmony One set up.  She has a Comcast "cable box" that also contains the HD DVR feature.  After I enter the Motorola name and model number (DCT6412/2005) it calls it a PVR (which is OK) but then complains that I have not provided a device that can change channels.  Of course, the Motorola does that too but apparently the PVR designation does not include that capability.  I've tried to enter it twice, once as a PVR and once as a Cable Box but it ends up indicating that I have 2 PVR's.

How do I take care of the channel selection problem?

Thanks,

Bill

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Harmony One Problem Programming Comcast HD DVR

wpw wrote:

I'm trying to help my daughter get her Harmony One set up.  She has a Comcast "cable box" that also contains the HD DVR feature.  After I enter the Motorola name and model number (DCT6412/2005) it calls it a PVR (which is OK) but then complains that I have not provided a device that can change channels.  Of course, the Motorola does that too but apparently the PVR designation does not include that capability.  I've tried to enter it twice, once as a PVR and once as a Cable Box but it ends up indicating that I have 2 PVR's.

How do I take care of the channel selection problem?

Thanks,

Bill

1. I would remove the /2005 from the device name, but that's not the 'main' problem with the setup right now as far as I can tell

2. the main problem is that you're selecting 'automatic' at the first choice of setting up the activity.  this time, select 'add activity', 'manual', 'watch tv', 'watch non tivo pvr' and then proceed....you should be fine now

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

just to clarify, it's not really anything you're doing wrong...just that logitech's automatic setup of activities isn't very bright.  I've pleaded for it to be removed.  I've flagged 31 threads now where it's caused people problems as part of my proof that the automatic setup of activities is a POS.  the manual method is still pretty automated and the questions it asks are very simple

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

Hi Bill and welcome.

The automatic option for setting up Activities is definitely to be avoided, and it ought to be removed.

Message Edited by hhatkin on 03-03-2009 07:11 AM
Logi Legend II
rhachey

You mean the Automatic method is to be avoided
wpw
Logi Browser
wpw

That solved the problem.  Manual setup made it possible for me to get it working correctly.

Thanks for such prompt and accurate help.

Bill