Logi Visitor
mcdee
Accepted Solution

Harmony One Set-Up

[ Edited ]

Newbie with H-1 with 2 questions.

1. Speeds for remote are ok except I set up favorite channels and now when using icons to change channels speed is much slower than using last button. i changed inter key from 100 to 0 ms and it didn't appear to change speed.  Powe on is 9500, inter key 0, the others at 1000. What else should i try?

2. Would like to change order of choices while on a device, they are alphabetical but would like most used in front. Would like to access specific commands on amplifier to come up on first page. Dumb question while i'm at it, what is power toggle (vs. on-off)?

Thanks for help, love the remote so far and am reading thruogh this forum to learn more!

Edit-System is panasonic th58pz800u tv with motorola 3416 dvr,bd35 bluray, and zvox 425xs soundbar(amplifier)

Message Edited by mcdee on 04-10-2009 11:40 AM
Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Harmony One Set-Up

[ Edited ]

Power toggle = press once turns unit on press again turns unit off.  You can move the commands around in Device mode in the software by clicking on the up and down arrows on the right Hand side of the screen.  You shouldn't be using device mode, all of the commands you need in a Activity can be customized and added to the activity for any device used in the activity.  Device mode is really for testing purposes and for storage of commands for that device.

As far as the speed of changing channels while using Favorites.  Be sure you device is selecting channels correctly.  In the software, click on the Device tab, select your device, click on Settings, click on Re-do setup for this device, click several Nexts until you get to the screen where it says "How do you select channels with your original remote?", then select the proper method for selecting channels

Message Edited by rhachey on 04-10-2009 10:42 AM
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

mcdee wrote:

Would like to change order of choices while on a device, they are alphabetical but would like most used in front.

Hi then, and welcome. 

Do you mean the list of Additional Buttons in the Devices area? If so, haven't you seen the arrows beside them which are for changing their order? However, as rhachey says, the Devices area is not meant to be used at all. It is for storage, and occasionally for testing purposes.

If, when you're in an Activity, you find that a command for any of its Devices is not available, rather than going to Devices to use it, you should Customise it to a suitable button or screen button within the Activity. Also, if you require a command for another Device, you can include it as an Additional Device within the Activity.

Good to hear your're liking the One - feel free to ask if anything else comes up.

H H

Message Edited by hhatkin on 04-10-2009 11:23 AM
Logi Visitor
mcdee

thanks for your help- I changed default settings on tv and pvr but no significant change in speed noted when using favorites with icons. In watching the numbers change on pvr/dvr they are displayed slower than when i used comcast remote. After that i think i messed up because sequencing changed and things didn't shut off, i did change the power setting to power toggle instead of  2 buttons on/off(which i don't have) as i use all on on comcast remote and panny tv has power button only. I swithed back and it's ok but slow changes with favorite icons. I think I'm confused on what the H-1 can do, I have a Zvox sound bar (amplifier) they I am continually changing settings on dependent on sources and content. When I need to make changes I hit device, then amplifier, and screen comes up with 8 different commands over 2 pages(alphabetical). I want to be able to access these commands and place the 2 least/never use on second page. I see no arrows to do this, I simply use touch screen. Commands are auto on/off, phase cue up, phase cue down, power toggle, subwoofer down, sub woofer up all on first page-treble down and teble up on second page. I never use auto or power toggle so i wanted them on second page. What is best way to access this 2 page/8 command for soundbar? Hopes this makes sense, thanks for help-mcdee
Logi Master
TheWolfDe

@mcdee:

Try the following on your TV:

Write down the actual delays of your TV and then reduce all delay's exept the powerup-delay to zero. As we recognized in our german forum, the inter-device-delay sometimes slows down speed when favourite channels are used.

You cant reorder commands in device-mode but you can place them in any order you like into the display.

BTW:

Normaly there is no need to use device-mode while you should use activities where you also can place any command in any order you like on the display.

German: nativ language - english: Ooops (sorry)
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

mcdee wrote:
I hit device, then amplifier, and screen comes up with 8 different commands over 2 pages(alphabetical). I want to be able to access these commands and place the 2 least/never use on second page. I see no arrows to do this
What is best way to access this 2 page/8 command for soundbar?

In the Harmony software go to Settings for this Device, then select Customise Buttons and Additional Buttons. The commands are listed as they appear on the One's screen,  and beside the names of the Commands are arrows which you can use to change their order.

However this is not necessary as you should include the Device as Additional in each Activity. You do this in the software at Activity> Settings> Review Settings> Yes but I want more control....> Devices Not In Use - Add. Then at Activities> Customise Buttons you assign its commands to Additional Buttons.

Message Edited by hhatkin on 04-11-2009 07:35 AM
Logi Visitor
mcdee

Thanks to all for your help. I was able to make changes as needed at amp menu and also reassigned buttons so that during activities I can now change needed audio controls while watching TV using the 6 command buttons! I assume I refer to my software area if I forget what various buttons are for (but I imagine you're wondering why I don't simply push button to find out). I changed inter key delay to 0 and it seemed to slightly improve speed not not nearly as fast as when I change channels with comcast remote. Funny thing was that when I used H-1 after changes the on/off for all devices seemed opposite, I simply shut all devices down and used Activity and now all seems fine. Thank you all again, I love the ONE and I'm sure I'll be back. McDee
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

That's excellent - do let us know if any further questions arise - H H