Logi Browser
madronatree

Harmony One - help with XBox 360 & Pioneer iPod Dock

I'm having trouble getting my Harmony One remote to work with my XBox 360.  I use my XBox as a DVD player and also to use it as a media extender for Windows Media Center.  It will turn the XBox on/off and turn the TV & receiver to the right input, etc., but after that I must use my XBox controller to get it to switch menus & play, rewind, etc.

I'm having the same issue with the iPod dock in my receiver.  I have a Pioneer VSX-01TXH receiver.  I also have a Pioneer IDK-80 iPod dock that hooks to my receiver via USB.  The Harmony One remote will turn the Receiver onto the correct input to listen to the iPod, but after that it will not control it at all.  I can control the iPod via the remote that came with the receiver.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
DaneHarmony

Re: Harmony One - help with XBox 360 & Pioneer iPod Dock

Depening on the Activity type if may have not customized the buttons by default.  You can always see what each button on  the Harmony is doing by clicking on "Customize Buttons" in the Activity setup in the software.

If you put it in device mode, do the buttons then work?

DaneHarmony

Logi Browser
madronatree

Nope.  It does not work in device mode.

I went into the XBox devide and the ipod dock device and customized the buttons on the Harmony One.  Still no dice.  In fact, now I have screwed something more up and the remote won't even turn on my XBox when I hit "Play XBox," which it was doing before.

The activities I have are "Play XBox" and "Listen to Digital Music Server."

I'm grateful for any help you can provide.  I'm afraid this is raising my blood pressure ...  :/

Logi Nu
hooverq

What I did was go to Add Devices, add digital Musc server, added the Ipod dock number, then I created an activity, manually added the option such as  listen to music, picked the ipod option and it worked like a charm.

There may have been a few steps in between but they were all just answering prompts.

Hope this helps.

Logi Browser
madronatree

Last night after I posted the above message, I deleted the ipod dock, xbox 360, and all associated activities from the remote.  I re-entered the XBox 360 and let it find its own activity -- the only one was "Watch DVD."  I synced the remote and now it works like a charm.  So who knows what the issue was.

hooverq - I think my problem may be that I don't have an ipod option when I set up the digital music server.  Do you have the same Pioneer dock that I have?  I wonder if it is just that nobody has tried to set my particular ipod dock up yet and that's why I'm having the problem. I'll try again with the iPod dock again this afternoon ... but I've tried it six ways from Sunday and haven't gotten a solution.  I'll report back, but in the meantime, if anybody has any further thoughts, I'm all ears!