12-29-2008 09:54 AM
I received the Harmony One remote as a Christmas present, the software was easy enough to load and set my preference, however now when I try to update the remote through the USB connection, it simply gets to 3% then hangs there. I read it can take a while for the remote to update, so I left it connected for several hours...long enough for the remote battery to die, but it was still hanging at 3% after about 6 hours.
I have been only hold for Logitech customer service for 40 minutes waiting for a CSR to no avail...
Hopefully someone can assist me here.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-29-2008 11:02 AM - edited 12-29-2008 11:02 AM
Hi and welcome.
There are several standard suggestions: "try again later", restart computer and "try again", temporarily disable Firewall and other similar programs, use diffferent USB socket, use different USB cable.
12-29-2008 11:10 AM - edited 12-29-2008 11:13 AM
Thanks for the suggestions hhatkin. I have tried two different USB ports, through the same USB cable and also un-installed and reinstalled the 7.5.0 software version from Logitech's website hoping either would fix the problem. Additionally, I turned off my AVG Antivirus and Firewall in hopes that would remedy the issue. But it still persists.
Unfortunately, the CSR wasn't much help on the phone either. He suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the software and I did, but the remote will still only proceed to 3% upload and then freeze.
12-30-2008 06:21 AM
Logitech customer support e-mailed me with the following solution. I was finally able to get the remote to update using these instructions.
We are sorry to hear that you had some trouble updating your remote control. If you find that the updates get stuck at 3 %, please be sure that you have disabled any anti-virus programs on your computer and are not on a wireless Internet connection. Wireless connections are not always stable, and most routers also have built in firewalls which you may not be able to turn off. Any time that an update is stuck below 17 %, it is because there is something blocking the communication between the remote and our servers.
You may also try updating the remote by downloading the update to your desktop first, then running the update file. This will ensure that the update information is not transferred through a network connection. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Log in to the Harmony Remote software, then minimize the program.2. Log in to your account through the web at www.myremotesetup.com.
3. Click on "Update My Remote"
4. Internet Explorer will display a yellow bar at the top of the page with a warning that Windows XP has blocked the download. Click on this bar to get the option to Download the file. Save this file to your desktop, it is called "Connectivity.EZHex". Minimize the web page.
5. Double click on the file on your desktop. Once it completes, return to the web page you earlier minimized. Click Next when you see that connectivity is confirmed.
6. It will start to gather the update info, and you will again get a message under the address bar warning that the download has been blocked, click the bar and download the file. Save this to the desktop, and replace the file if you already have one. This file is called "Update.EXHex." Minimize the internet page.
7. Double click on the Update.EZHex file to start the update for the remote.
8. When this is complete, disconnect the USB and test the remote with your activities.
If you would like further information and other tips on customizing your remote please visit the FAQ portion of your Harmony member website. To access, Click "Support", then click "FAQ" while logged in your Harmony member page.
We hope that we were able to assist you in resolving this issue, however if you are still experiencing any difficulties with your Harmony Remote, please feel free to contact us again.
Harmony Technical Support
01-01-2010 04:01 AM
Have a brand new Harmony 895 with extender, I also have lots of problems with updating, mostly hanging on 3% for the remote, or the extender or both, strange that this problem still isn't solved, after downloading both files and installing, the remote isn't communicating with the extender.
The remote is a perfect product, but the software is verry buggy.
01-01-2010 05:01 AM
Quite a few people having this problem, most of which it seems worked perfectly well in the last week (Or even yesterday!).