Logi Browser
usafpa

Help setting Multizone control with Pioneer Elite SC-25 receiver...

OK, this is going to be long but any help offered is certainly appreciated. So here goes:

I have a Harmony 510 and have used this for a few years succesfully. I recently purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-25 receiver (which btw is awesome). I am trying to setup multizone control with this and initially found a small tutorial on this website that said once I added the receiver as a device it would give me the option of controlling multiple zones. Well it didn't. As a matter of fact some of the receiver's functions aren't even listed as commands.

Ok, Plan B, I taught the 510 how to turn on zone 2 (which provides music to the outdoor patio). I added this command to the SC-25 device in the harmony's software. Now, if I go to devies on the remote and press my so-named zone 2 command it actually turns on zone 2. A small but important step in the right direction.

Encouraged by my successes and bolstered by some advice found on these forums. I setup the same receiver as a second device, labelled it Zone 2 and taught all the commands for zone 2 to the remote. When I tried to use it, it turned on my receiver (to zone 1) and never switched it to zone 2. The problem being that there was no way (that I know of anyway) to program the remote to turn on Zone 2 WITHOUT FIRST turning on the main power (this receiver allows you to turn on zone 2 with the main power off) and I do not want to leave this receiver powered up all the time.

OK then plan C, I created a generic activitywhere the remote will power on main power (the one I cannot change), then power on zone 2, then turn off main power, then tune zone 2 to IPOD input. Something, I can easily due this with the OEM remote. What happened? It turned on the receiver then turned it right back off.

Here is what I CAN do regarding zone 2: if I select the receiver from "devices" on the remote, I can press the Zone 2 command I created and Zone 2 will indeed power up. I have to set the input I want to hear manually using the dial on the receiver itself.

Here is what I want: An activity that works thus, Zone 2 on>Ipod Input selected. A different activity: Direct TV on>Direct TV Tuner Input>Zone 2 ON>TV/Sat input selected>channel tuned. From there I should be able to control all of Zone 2 (voulme levels, mute, input selects, etc.) with my harmony 510.

I am seriously considering purchasing the HARMONY 1100 and will do so if it helps this problem. It also, occured to me that perhaps the 510 is too outdated to do everything I want and perhaps I should upgrade to the 1100 anyway.

Ok, enough already, any and all advice/ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Help setting Multizone control with Pioneer Elite SC-25 receiver...

You state that you have used the 510 for years, and that it might mbe outdated, the 510 only came out last November.  All Harmony remotes use the same database, If a device can be controlled by one remote, it can be controlled by any other Harmony remote.  When asdded multsone Amps, to control zone 2, add the device a second time to your setup, also when setting up an Activity to control zone 2, set it to Leaved Unused devices on, this way when you start zone 2 activity it will not turn off your other activity.

Logi Browser
usafpa

Surprising, as I swear I've had that certainly longer than since last november. In any event, I already tried your suggestions:

"When asdded multsone Amps, to control zone 2, add the device a second time to your setup, also when setting up an Activity to control zone 2, set it to Leaved Unused devices on, this way when you start zone 2 activity it will not turn off your other activity."

By leaving unused devices on, I lose control of the receiver in other activites. besides this receiver was expensive and I  dont want to leave it powered full time. Bottom line: is there a way to tunr on Zone 2 and levae the main system off? I can easily do this wioth OEM remote so why not Harmony 510.

The point is a universal remote should give me universality, I'm not asking for the moon, what I want to do is use all the features of my system utilizing one remote control. It seems as if my receiver is not properly "covered" by logitech as it never gives me the multiple zone set up option. Thanks for the advice, tho. Do you have any other ideas that may help?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Only set the Leave unused devices for the Activity that runs the Zone 2 activity, not for all of your Activities

Logi Browser
usafpa

How do I do that for a specific activity?

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

At Activities>Your Activity>Settings>Remote Options

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Browser
usafpa

Thanks for the advice, it pointed me in the right direction. It worked perfectly if the receiver was ON. To make it work with the receiver off I had to:

receiver Main on>receiver Main Mute>Zone 2 On>Zone 2 Input>Receiver Main Off.

Incidentally I had to custom all the codes for the "second" receiver I created in Devices.  All in all, and thanks to you guys, I'm a happy guy.

kudos,

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Glad you got it working