Logi Nu
Cannondale

Hidden "Hotel mode" setup menu for Panasonic Plasma's & LCD's.

When you have several problems with your Panasonic TV when turning it on from "off" or "standby" position and the input select is totally wrong, you can switch your Panasonic TV in Hotel mode to adjust your preferences:

There is a hidden "Hotel mode" setup menu in the Tuner Board (similar to the "Options" menu on the plasma screen).

- This can set an initial volume, max volume and disable the "Menu" button on the remote control. (As well as other things).

Howto:

* 1: TV is on

* 2: press and hold -/V on TV front panel and press 3 times TV/AV on the remote

* 3: now you are in Hotel mode and you can adjust your preferences.

WARNING !!! do not change the functions Remote lock and Button lock (unless you know what you're doing)

Use this "manual" at your own risk. I take no responsabilities caused by this.
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: Hidden "Hotel mode" setup menu for Panasonic Plasma's & LCD's.

Hi and welcome.

Yes, this hotel thing does get used, but how about you explain how to use it to correct input problems?

Logi Nu
Cannondale

Most Panasonic TV's are having the same problem: when you turn it on with the power switch, the TV starts at input AV1.

Once you're turning it off with the Logitech One, the TV remembers it's last chosen input (e.g. HDMI), but the Logitech can't remember all this.

My problem was: The Logitech One did choose very often the wrong selection.

My solution, working for my configuration:

Hotel Mode : ON

Initial INPUT: AV1 (You can choose between AV1, AV2, HDMI, SCART etc.) Mine is AV1 because I have a Humax IR-FOX C connected to AV1.

The volume values are set to "0" (zero)  (the Panasonic SC-PT460 Home Cinema set is also connected to it.

I didn't change the other values.

note for the initial input:  Your TV always starts with this "programmed" input.

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

in short, if I'm reading it right, using the harmony remote the tv turns on to the last input used.  using the power button on the tv itself it turns on to av1.

solution, do what is intended and only change the power/input status by using activities.  no need to go into hotel mode or do anything weird

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Cannondale wrote:

....the TV remembers it's last chosen input (e.g. HDMI), but the Logitech can't remember all this.

My problem was: The Logitech One did choose very often the wrong selection.

In principle the Harmony CAN, and does as part of the Smart State Tecnology, remember the last Input that it set - "all this" is rather an exaggeration in this context.

If, as in your case, the SST does not produces the correct result, then adjustments to its settings should solve the problem.

Logi Nu
kszabo

I have a better idea to make the Harmony able to set the correct AV inputs of Panasonic TVs. The problem is that they have only solid commands for HDMI1, HDMI2 and PC-Input. But not for AV1-2-2S-3-3S-4. You have to navigate with the color buttons through menü. This means the button combination varies depending on the current input state (where you are coming from). My Harmony 555 cannot set AV1 coming from HDMI1 (sends red command one less than necessary)

The Solution:

1. lets say you have DVD-Player on AV1

2. setup Harmony software: TV Input for DVD is PC (yes, must be)

3. add startup action to "wach dvd" activity: add "TV send red button" three times

4. make sure that the harmony knows the command for PCInput of TV, along with the red button command

Understood? if you start "wach DVD", TV turns on, goes to PC-Input, and afterwards (few seconds) will be switched to the Input correctly of your liking!!! A simple but nice workaround, customisable (just check out the sequence of color buttons you need from PC-Input to the correct AV-Input)

Logi Nu
Barney76

Thanks a lot guys.  I dont know how you know these things, but your tricks are awesome.