Logi Nu
wcoleman
Accepted Solution

How do I set up a "Watch Netflix" activity using Harmony One

I have just received a Netflix Player - Roku N1000 and I've added the device to my profile - the device added as a PVR.   When I try to add an activity using the Roku Box and the TV, I can't find a way to it.  When I select "automatically add Activities that use my devices", the Roku Player is not listed.  If I select "manually add an activity to my setup", I can't find an activity listed that would use the PVR. The Roku box is connected to the HDMI1 input I want to add a "Watch Netflix" activity where the input to the TV switches that input and I can control thr Roku box with the Harmony One.  I currently have three other activities:

1. Watch TV

2. Watch DVD

3. Watch/Record a Tape

and they all work fine. 

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: How do I set up a "Watch Netflix" activity using Harmony One

add activity, manually, watch tv, watch non-tivo PVR

that's the path I used to setup my slingcatcher activity because it was categorized as a PVR

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Nu
wcoleman

That's the solution.  Thanks so much!
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

no problem...glad I could help

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Browser
rickwsmith

question, what are you watching your netflix on? Xbox 360, or tivo? (I like to watch netflix on my 360 - i think the interface is MUCH better) 

Also what did you do to set the activity to work correctly so you were on netflix upon hitting the "watch netflix" button? 

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

One says Roku, the other Slingcatcher.

What do you need to know about the Activity?

Logi Browser
rickwsmith

What if I wanted to hit a button on the remote and have the my tivo (or xbox 360) turn on, and all the audio/video changes be made on my reciever (which is the mega easy part), but then go to the watch netflix screen automatically. (meaning it would go through all the menus, and get to the screen where I can browse what i want to watch..)

anyway to do this? 

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

If there's a fixed series off commands for doing that, then you can include them as Additional When Activity Starts.
Logi Browser
rickwsmith

Hmmm...so how do i figure out how much time to wait for the xbox to turn on and power up before getting telling it to the extra stuff?

I assume I need to go through and write down the commands, right? for instance, go up 2 times, hit enter, go down 3 times, enter to get to the newflix now playing screen.. 

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]
The device's Power-On Delay should handle that - yes, write the commands first.
Message Edited by hhatkin on 09-14-2009 03:57 PM