Logi Browser
RobBill

Input Selection with SONY KDS-60A2000 TV

I have a SONY KDS-60A2000 TV, a DENON sound system, a SONY SLV-D360P DVD/VCR and a Scientific Atlanta Explorere 8300 HD cable box. The remote on the SONY tv only has a "TV/Video" button to cycle thru the inputs. It worked most of the time but I just didn't like the idea of having the Harmony 880 remember where it was when it last shut down. Many times I would have to use the "Help" button to get me to the right place. While playing around with the 880 remote I noticed the "Device" button. Pressing listed all of my devices. I selected the TV and lo and behold, there were 13 pages of all the remote codes available. Even better, there was an "InputVideo1", "InputVideo2", etc. button. In other words, even though I couldn't see a direct button on the SONY remote, the button code existed to directly select the input source.

I changed the TV device settings to reflect that and it works great.

One more challenge, however is the fact that for the video source for the cable box, the Harmony setup program insists that I input a cable channel number. It doesn't make sense to me a screws up the input. I got around it by putting in the number "1" which does nothing to the TV. At first I had "channel 3" and that messed up the input.

Anybody else have this annoying problem?

Here's what I see for the settings for the Watch TV activity .....

Activity:Watch TV

Tuner on Channel 3
Tuner on Channel 4
Tuner on Channel
VCR
DVD
Cable Box on Channel 3
Cable Box on Channel 4
X Cable Box on Channel 1
PC
Source input is missing

I would like to see a selection in the list of just "Cable Box". Am I doing something wrong?
Logi Apprentice
frankrules

Re: Input Selection with SONY KDS-60A2000 TV

all you should have to do is change the name of that input. the problem is that youre input has the word Cable in it. just change it to CBL or anything you want to.
Logi Browser
RobBill

Yes! That worked. Thanks.

I wish I understood why I can't use the "Cable" to describe the TV input for the "Cable Box", however.
Logi Apprentice
frankrules

the reason you cant use the word cable is because the software views anything labeled as cable as something that can change channels. so thats why it gives you the option of cable box ch. 3, ch. 4.....

so, the only way to bypass that is to rename it.