Logi Browser
zaytsev

Input selection problems

Ok I have a Philips 42TA648BX/F7 LCD TV. and my Harmony 510 remote simply will not go to the correct input I know what the problem is but don't know how to fix it.

I have method 1 for my input selection, so you repeatedly press the input button in order to cycle through the inputs, but I can't figure out how to tell the remote that the first press of the button shows the current input, and then each additional press of the input button changes the input. So in order to changed 1 input slot you have to press the button 2 times, to move the input 2 slots you have to press the button 3 times.

Somebody please help.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: Input selection problems

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forum - help is at hand.

First read Section 26b on this link to check whether a better input method is available for your TV.

If it is then try it out; either way let us know the results.

H H

Logi Browser
zaytsev

What link?

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Problem with the entry form - it should work now.

Let us know so we can take it from there.

Logi Browser
Allisa

Try altering the TV's power on delay in the Harmony software.  It's likely that the input select codes are being sent before the TV is ready to receive them.  My Panasonic TV takes around 10 seconds from power on before it's ready to receive any commands.

Logi Browser
zaytsev

Its not that even if the TV is completely on the programming always sends 1 less inputnext command then needed, because the first press only brings up the menu and then each addition press changes the input.

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 509
Solutions: 152

FAQ link is in my signature as well 

See 26b

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

zaytsev wrote:

the programming always sends 1 less inputnext command then needed

This confirms that you are not using Method 2 as explained in Section 26b.

If you will check whether it is available to you we will help further if required.

Logi Browser
zaytsev

I attempted to use method 2 but my TV doesn't have the commands required to use it. But I did end up using method 3 and used a alternative method of switching inputs.

Thanks for the help and ideas.

The selection is very slow is there a way to alter the delays for button presses.

Logi Browser
zaytsev

Never mind I guess that I have things working the way i would like them for now thanks for the help