Logi Nu
bsevans

Minka-Aire remote

I have a Minka-Aire ceiling fan that comes with a remote controller.  I attempted to install the device and the remote ID is the example they list but it does not work and the Harmony 720 will not learn any of the factory remote buttons.  Does any one have ann idea of what is wrong or how to get the 720 to learn the buttons on the factory remote.  I've programed  8 other remotes without a problem.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Minka-Aire remote

is the fan using an IR or RF remote?  harmony's can't learn RF signals....only IR

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Nu
bsevans

Well, I took the fan controller into another room and sure enough it controlled the fan so it is an RF remote.  I assume that one would need to purchase the Harmony 1000 to have both IR and RF capability.
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

bsevans wrote:
Well, I took the fan controller into another room and sure enough it controlled the fan so it is an RF remote.  I assume that one would need to purchase the Harmony 1000 to have both IR and RF capability.

the 890 and 1000 have RF functionality, but I suggest you read this thread for more detailed information, as the 890 and 1000 will not work with proprietary RF signals (only Z-wave RF signals)

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays