Logi Browser
seanreid

Pace DC758D

Hi, I have the Harmony X-box controller and recently purchased the Pace DC758D cable box to use with my shaw cable provider. When I enter the box as a new device and try to add it to my Watch TV activity it tells me I do not have a device to change channels. I read another post about this and the person was directed to set the pace box up as something other than a cable box. I tried to set it up as a PVR, Cable box and Digital set top box. All of the resulted in the same message that I had no devices to change channels. Is my remote broken or is this a software issue? Any idea would be appreciated.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Pace DC758D

[ Edited ]

When you create a new Activity, always select the second option the create the Activity manually, you should't have that error message

Logi Browser
seanreid

I have been selecting "set up devices manually" It just tells me in the first step that I don't have and devices to change channels and prompts me to add a new device.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Then you must not have added the device correctly as to type.  What is the make and model number, and is it just a receiver, with no recording functions, or is it a DVR or PVR?

Logi Browser
seanreid

It is a Pace DC758D it's a PVR HD Box I think it's also called the Pace Summit. It seems like the device set up is pretty straightforward, you enter the model number and it adds it to your devices. I tried with a motorola model number and it added correctly and would let me set up an activity with it so the software appears to be working correctly. Maybe a glitch with the Pace model number, does anyone know another model number I could try that migh still controll the box correctly?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Googled your Pace box, and it says it is a Set Top Box and is only a DVR if you add an External Hard drive to it.  Do you have an External Hard Drive add to your Pace Box?  Try adding it as a Set Top Box.

Logi Browser
seanreid

Thanks for the replies, it does have a hard drive connected to it so I want the remote to control it as a PVR. I did try adding it as a set top box with the same result. Is there someone with the same box that has had sucess with the harmony remote?

Logi Browser
seanreid

For anyone who runs into the same problem I ended up working around this by entering the model as TDC775D and everything works as it should. Just something weird with the model number.