Logi Nu
wbjnral

Panasonic TH-42PWD6 Plasma Input Commands

I have an issue with the Input IR commands for a Panasonic TH-42PWD6.  The remote for this TV does not have separate buttons for Input 1, Input 2, etc. and the TV does not respond to the Input 1, Input 2, Input 3 commands from the database.  In the programming, I answered the questions indicating that there is only a single Input button on the remote and pushing it repeatedly steps through the inputs.  To complicate things the TV remembers the input state from the last time the TV was powered off.  There is also a "PC" button on the remote and it resets the Input to "PC" and then the next push of the Input button is "Input 1" - so the way to establish Input 1 is a sequence - "PC" followed by Input(next) and Input 2 is "PC" followed by two Input(next) commands, etc.  My problem is that my Harmony 880 is using the Input 1 command and the TV does not recognize it.  How can I replace the Input 1 command with a sequence?  Thanks for any advice any one can offer.

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Re: Panasonic TH-42PWD6 Plasma Input Commands

Just to be sure those none of those input commands are working read section 26b from the FAQ Link in my signature.

What inputs do you use and do any of the Input commands work.

If you do find that none of them work

At Devices>Your TV>Settings>Adjust Inputs you can change the input method used for your TV and will be able to specify that the TV remebers the last input and which command will scroll through the inputs.

The PC command could complicate things a little do you use it?

If not delete it from the list of inputs in the software that way it will skip over it when scrolling.

If you have any other questions let us know.

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Browser
NickW

Re: Panasonic TH-42PWD6 Plasma Input Commands

You can either setup the remote to remember the last input selected on the plasma (as it will remember too)

or

go into the hidden setup menu on the plasma and select the default input you want.

The screen will select this input each time it powers up.

Be carefull what you play with in here!

To enter the configuration menu do this...

1) Enter CAT mode (computer aided test mode)

Press and hold the Vol- button on the panel then press Status on the remote 3 times within 1 second

(the status button is the little square with a + in it)

2) Enter Configuration Menu

From the main CAT screen press Setup on the remote

select OSD Language option

press and hold surround for 3 seconds

The default input can be selected here.

When you're done press R to exit then powere cycle the screen.

Don't play with any other settings in the CAT screen as you may damage your screen.

Hope this helps

Nick

Hold a hard disk to your ear to hear the C:\