05-30-2010 01:24 PM
I've got 2 tv devices set up because "watch tv" works fine with the default device settings. I didn't see the point of using a tv device with long delays set up for hdmi switching which would slow down "watch tv". Once the DVD activity is selected there is very little tv access. Seemed like a good idea to me.
The "other" universal remote can do sequences of commands. I tried it out with one of it's macro (sequence) settings and the commands it issued all went thru' fine. (Although not the commands to switch to hdmi. It's years since I last configured it).
The Harmony now works for about 5 goes as detailed in my last post. Is it likely that switching activities repeatedly can cause the harmony to fail?
05-30-2010 04:21 PM - edited 05-30-2010 04:24 PM
When you switch between Activities, The power on delay for the TV does not come into play as the TV is already on, so the activity would not be waiting for the TV power on delay to finish. I have 6 Harmony remotes, and have been using them for over 3 years, and I have never seen the Harmony to fail because of switching between Activities
06-01-2010 03:47 AM - edited 06-01-2010 03:53 AM
This thread is reporting the same issues, but hasn't been active recently. InputNext seems to be very erratic - I'm using InputNext + DirectionDown and InputNext regulary fails to appear on screen and sometimes DirectionDown gets obeyed first.
06-02-2010 09:45 AM
Thanks for all the input so far. I'm beginning to wonder if the kdl-xxS3000 series is always going to struggle.
My kdl-26S2030 works fine - I can point the H1 away from the tv and it picks up the signals ok, but the S3000 is quite the opposite.
Just one silly question - If I set the inter-key delay (and others) ridiculously high then it should always work - apart from taking an unacceptably long time???
06-03-2010 03:02 AM - edited 06-03-2010 05:01 AM
The current delays I've set up are now more reliable but not 100%.
There is something which makes no sense to me. (nothing new)
Enter dvd activity basically forces select av3, inputnext, inputnext, which should stop at av4, the desired hdmi1 input.
If it does not work, the input is tv or av3.
I've set up an additional button on the dvd activity to try to get to av4 which does the following sequence of commands... <null>, inputnext,inputnext.
This seems very reliable but I cannot explain how it works. Infact it shouldn't because inputnext selects the current av input, which may not be av3.
It is very fast - I can hardly see select av3 or the first inputnext on screen. It doesn't reflect the delays I have set up for the device and I can select any av input using the tv remote and it still gets to av4.
So, where does the select av3 come from? I haven't set one up and the dvd activity is already running.
06-04-2010 03:15 AM - edited 06-04-2010 04:34 AM
I'm going mad.
I've just created a copy of the sequence I meantioned in the previous post to see if it works as unexpectedly fast as the original. Called the button TESTER (and the sequence TEST) in additional buttons. What's happened - the update does not appear on the H1.
I've tried 3 times, deleting and recreating etc, and page 2 of additional commands does not change after updating the remote.
I've changed the names of test and tester, but still the update runs thru' fine to completion, but the changes are not reflected on the remote.
I wonder how long this has been going on for - it's the first time I've made a visible change to the remote in ages so all the tests I've been doing probably were never updated!!!
.... and the sequence which was unexpectedly fine isn't anymore.
06-04-2010 04:49 AM - edited 06-04-2010 03:37 PM
I've only been changing an Activity today - and the update doesn't reflect it.
I didn't think you could add sequences to devices - if you can then I'm interested to know how.
Edit: I've tried to update the remote again, 12 hours later, with changes to the additional buttons on an Activity. The remote has not been updated, even though it goes thru' the full update sequence including a restart.
06-05-2010 06:56 AM - edited 06-05-2010 08:56 AM
I know this thread should have finished ages ago, but I'm now stuck - seemingly unable to update the remote.
I could try starting again from scratch, but if there is an underlying problem with the way I'm doing things then I'd like to resolve it, otherwise I'll never be sure changes I make to delays, for example, are actually finding their way onto the remote.
I've tried disabling antivirus and fully charging the remote.
Edit: I've updated the remote from my other harmony account and it worked ok.
I then updated the remote from its original account and while it updated ok, the version is not the current one I can see via the remote software.
Page 2 of additional buttons on the DVD activity is the version before I ammended it.
Page 2 Button mappings 1 and 2 are ok , 3 should be NewOne but is blank, 4 is ok (blank), and 5 is HDMI which it what it was before I ammended it (to blank).